PDA

View Full Version : ADA (Amiga Demoscene Archive)

Puni/Void
11th July 2009, 13:38
ADA (Amiga Demoscene Archive) has been closed.

It seems the website was hacked so i took it down. At this point, i'm tired of fighting against fake registrations, hacks and other crap so it's undecided if it will ever return.

Many thanks to everyone who visited and supported this site. I could never have imagined this kind of feedback, support and friendly atmosphere when i started the site many years ago.

Keep creating demos and supporting the demoscene!!! z5/A.D.A 2001-2009

It's sad to see ADA fading away. Idiot hackers. :(

Tiago
11th July 2009, 15:20
That's sad that there is not respect for your work.

hackers should use there knowledge for constrution not destruction.

Usually the ones who destroy never build nothing, if they ever did something that needs hard work, they would know what it is, and they would give it value.

Teho
11th July 2009, 16:00
Argh, that was an excellent site! I can never understand the enjoyment someone gets out of tearing down other people's hard work. It really gets to me when these things happen. Wish I could get my hands on one of these idiots.

Harrison
12th July 2009, 17:23
That was a great site, and very sad indeed.

What will happen to all the data they collected?

Shoonay
13th July 2009, 06:27
Sad, very sad, saw the news on ppa.pl...
Does some of you guys have any contact info and could maybe ask what about all the stuff they've collected?
Perhaps someone else could host it?

Harrison
13th July 2009, 13:14
Exactly what I was thinking. I would be more than happen to host the information and files they have collected. However as their existing site must be prone to attacks, hence the closure, then I wouldn't want to open the CA server up to the same potential threats, so it would be of more interest to me to be able to merge their site data and files into the CA demo section we already have.

If anyone does have contact details I would love to contact them to ask.

Puni/Void
13th July 2009, 15:42
I think the guy behind the project, z5, has an account at Amigworld.net. I can PM him for his e-mail if you want, or you can contact him directly yourself.

Harrison
13th July 2009, 17:02
If you could that would be great. I've got quite a lot to be doing at the moment as it is, including a new project that I will reveal very soon...

Puni/Void
13th July 2009, 18:49
New project? That sounds interesting. Can you give a hint or two at what it concerns. ;) (Nosy-Parker here.)

I'll get in touch with the guy ASAP. I'll let you know when I've heard from him.

Harrison
13th July 2009, 23:41
The new project is an idea I've had for a long time, and hopefully it will be something that can benefit the whole retro (and eventually more) community.

my_lo
17th July 2009, 13:48
The new project is an idea I've had for a long time, and hopefully it will be something that can benefit the whole retro (and eventually more) community.

The second phase of the top 100 amiga games? :p

Harrison
17th July 2009, 17:43
Nope. Not related to the Amiga, or the retro scene at all in a way. All revealed soon.

I've not forgotten about the second phase of the top 100. It will be coming soon.

Harrison
10th September 2009, 17:17
I just noticed that ADA is back online.

Does anyone know what happened? Did z5 change his mind and start it up again? Or has someone else taken it over?

Rebb/TRSI
10th September 2009, 20:47
It was indeed "taken over" by another guy, Todi. Many people offered help and support to keep the ada site alive.

http://ada.untergrund.net/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=7&topic=475

Puni/Void
13th September 2009, 19:27
Good that ADA is back in business again. It's a fine website and a good resource for demoscene stuff. Hope things will go better this time.

A Norwegian Amiga site was hacked a while ago as well. :(

Harrison
13th September 2009, 20:05
Reading on their forum the new webmaster of ADA (the original owner seems to still be involved) said he completely rebuilt the site using newer versions of the software, so the old security risks allowing the site to be hacked should now be removed. This is great news as it means the site should now continue into the future.

And thank you for the info Rebb, great to still see you popping into the forums :thumbs: