PDA

View Full Version : A500 Buying advice, please

Cortona
4th July 2009, 20:38
airey36 over at Amiga Retro Experience has an A500 base unit (Kickstart 1.3) going for £10.99 plus £9.99 P&P. No power brick, mouse or leads. Is that a fair price?

I already have an A1200 (for which I sacrificed my beloved A500 1.3), so I don't want or need the extra power brick or leads. And I even have a 512Kb RAM expansion kicking around, so I'm seriously considering buying this.

Stephen Coates
5th July 2009, 11:43
Is the A500 in good condition?

That price might be a little high if it is not in good condition, but if it is, then go for it.

A500s seem to go for very cheap and both myself and harrison have got A500/+s off ebay for just a few pounds on auction, but if it is a from a shop, or a buy it now ebay listing, that price seems reasonable.

Harrison
5th July 2009, 18:22
That does sound expensive, especially for just the base unit.

Are you a member of Amibay? and if so do you have access to the recycle bin? I've not join up and then let me know and I will give you access. I'm sure one of the long time sellers on there would have an A500 cheaply for you, or even free for the price of postage.

And as Steve said, I also got an A500 from ebay a while back for £1.66 so you can gt them cheaply. I've also got them free too, but that was as donations to the site.

Cortona
5th July 2009, 20:37
Thanks guys. I'm not on Amibay, but I'd be grateful if you could give me access.

As I said, all I need is an A500 1.3 base unit. The one on Ebay looked in good condition with little yellowing, but at £22 all in I thought I should sleep on it and seek advice.

Harrison
6th July 2009, 11:13
If you register on amibay.com and then PM me on there (same username of Harrison), I will then give you access to the recycle bin. You can then use the wanted section to post a wanted ad for an a500.

Cortona
8th July 2009, 20:40
I registered on Amibay on Tuesday; just waiting for an administrator to activate my account.

Harrison
8th July 2009, 23:29
Will do that now for you. Have fun. ;)