PDA

View Full Version : PC floppy drive in Amiga

Tiago
3rd July 2009, 13:54
For a long time i am waiting for a thing like this:
a small circuit to convert a pc floppy drive into an amiga drive.

http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/designs/Floppy_Adaptor/floppy_adaptor.html

This guy says it will be less then 10 pounds....

what do you think? Is there any thing like this allready?

Harrison
3rd July 2009, 15:14
Some existing PC floppy drives can be converted without an additional circuit board needed, but they are quite old models now and harder to find. There have been homebrew guides to building your own circuit boards and some can be found on amibay.

But I'm not sure if anyone has made them in the past to sell. Looks quite a nice neat design and quite a good price too.

woody.cool
3rd July 2009, 15:35
I may consider buying a few of these myself.
At least I'll be able to find a much easiter to get hold of standard floppy drive.

Tiago
3rd July 2009, 15:37
I tried before the conversion from an old pc floppy, some marks you have to swap 2 wires from cable... but i coun't put any to work in amiga....

burns flipper
7th July 2009, 12:41
That looks really smart. Looks like a sound design!

Fern
7th July 2009, 20:35
I can't believe what some Chinon FZ357 drives go for on eBay, I've seen them go for upwards of £50 which, unless I've missed something, is an outrageous sum for almost any drive in this day and age, nevermind a floppy! I've probably got a few of them knocking around in the Computer Graveyard (attic!), maybe I'll cash in :P

Something to plug between the Amiga's mainboard and the drive itself to trick the Amiga into thinking a regular PC drive was it's own, would be awesome. Never spend more than a fiver on a new drive again!