PDA

View Full Version : BattleForge now free!

Harrison
25th June 2009, 14:50
The PC Card RTS BattleForge is now free! The company has now made it a Play4free game, meaning you can download it directly from their site and play multiplayer online for free.

Initially BattleForge was a commercial game, released easlier this year, but I have a feeling their sales having been that great. The game did receive some good reviews so it is definitely worth checking out and downloading if you are a fan of RPG, SRPG and RTS games.

The game is a fantasy style RTS where you collect decks of cards to battle other players. The game has PvE and PvP so you can fight other players or just play through set missions on the maps.

The Play4free version gives you two decks, consisting of 32 cards, which are randomly generated from the 4 alignments.

The company is still making money from the game though because you can buy points to spend on additional game card packs to build up yur armies. The play4free version also has trading of cards between players disabled until you leach level 4 in PvE and level 10 in PvP.

If you are interesting, visit their site to learn more.

http://www.battleforge.com/

Shoonay
25th June 2009, 16:29
Cool, thanks for the info.

I was hoping for a quick play after downloading the 88MB client, but after registering an account it downloaded something that was 24MB, and finally after logging again, it looked for patches and is downloading 2,7GB of data now. LOL.
I'm afraid to start the game after that, hopefully I won't have to download 22GB of extras! :fool:

Harrison
25th June 2009, 16:34
I didn't realise the updates were that big. I've downloaded the client, but haven't yet had time to install it. The full game originally came on a DVD so it is unsurprising it is so big, and this version includes the recently released expansion pack too that added more maps.

Demon Cleaner
25th June 2009, 18:02
Great, I think the game looks good, but sadly it's only for multiplayer, which I almost never play, only sometimes on consoles.

Harrison
30th June 2009, 15:54
It does also have a large single player campaign that is quite story-heavy, and therefore worth playing on its own if you are not interested in multiplayer.

However it can also be played by up to 12 players working together, which I can imagine would be pretty cool.

Demon Cleaner
30th June 2009, 17:56
If it has a single player campaign, I will download it, and then I can try it out on my new laptop.