PDA

View Full Version : New Toy!

LowercaseE
10th February 2007, 00:37
Just picked up this 1990 Honda CR500 (http://onlinerock.com/musicians/lowercasee/cr500.jpg) for some SERIOUS fun in the dirt! The thing is immaculate and the guy who I got it off of took excellent care of it. I've always been a 250 guy but I got tired of having to push them to the max make them do what I wanted. I can't wait for day above single digit temperatures so I can see what this thing can really do!

Anyone else ride bikes or quads or any sort of outdoor power sport?

TiredOfLife
10th February 2007, 11:31
No but I have done so a couple of times when I was a nipper
Liked it.
Perhaps its something I should look into.

LowercaseE
10th February 2007, 15:34
It really is a lot of fun and you get an incredible sense of freedom from it. Well, at least I do. Looks like I might have a nice sunny day here today so I might get to blast around the streets a bit!!!

Harrison
12th February 2007, 19:22
I've never been into bikes and never actually had an interest to ride them on the road, but off road trial bikes do look great fun, and have made me tempted in the past.

The only thing is, I do disagree with them being used in the countryside off road outside of a controlled environment without a premade course. This is due to the damage they can do to the environment, ripping up the ground and causing a lot of damage and mess.

LowercaseE
13th February 2007, 12:48
Yeah, they can rip up the ground pretty good, that's one of the negatives. I tend to try to tread lightly wherever I ride though so as to try to minimalize that.