PDA

View Full Version : Indivision or Bvision or...

demusse
13th June 2009, 19:24
I would like to expand my A1200 with an extra graphics solution.

I have an option on a Bvision but

-would i benefit that much from such a card?
-would an Indivision be a more sensible purchase?
-should i get a Microvitec?

I intend to run OS4 in multiboot with a nice classicWB.
I would like to do as much as possible with the mig but i understand its limits ofcourse.

Ron

Harrison
16th June 2009, 01:22
The BVision graphics card will only work with a Blizzard PPC A1200 accelerator card. You cannot use it AFAIK on its own. And the PPC card + BVision together cost a lot of money if you can ever find them these days.

The Indivision scan doubler/flicker fixer is a good solution to allow you to run all native Amiga modes on a VGA compatible monitor with no flicker and nice quality visuals. It won't however give you any additional features that a separate graphics card would, such as 24-bit colour, or higher resolutions.

If you want to get as much from your A1200 then you first need to look at converting it into a tower system, and then get a breakout board with some PCI slots. Then you can connect up a PCI graphics card for better graphics. Also a PPC or 68040/60 accelerators need the A1200 in a tower due to the heat they produce.

demusse
16th June 2009, 07:39
specs are in my sig...

browsing other forums i got several tips and it seems

- pci-cards(cheap) via a mediator(expensive) would pull more recourses from cpu
- G-Rex... stay away!
- Bvision has beter driver-support and runs more stabile than a Voodo on a 1200PPC
- Cybergraphics/Bvision runs smoother but slower than Picasso/Voodoo
- No MorhpOS on a mediator

I would go for wlan via pcmcia and don't need a soundcard because Paula does a nice enough job for me!

Ron