PDA

View Full Version : I am selling my A1200T!!

burns flipper
8th June 2009, 14:55
Yes, that's right you crazy crazy people, I am at long last selling my prized A1200T. The one with the blindingly fast '060!

It's a beautiful beast, comes pre-installed with loads of games and is fantastically optimised for speed.

It's the funk's own brother, check it out now:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300320964708&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123

Graham Humphrey
8th June 2009, 15:01
How fab! I'm in Norwich too... alas I don't have the room for it which is a big shame 'cos I'd love to have that.

Harrison
8th June 2009, 17:21
Quite a cool A1200T. I would be interested if I had any spare money. I'm sure I could sneak it into somewhere without anyone noticing. ;) Sadly I don't really have the funds at the moment. :(

burns flipper
8th June 2009, 18:56
There's no way I could do it justice with mere words. It's optimised to the teeth - you wouldn't believe the speed I got things using a fantastically clever mix of free apps like Exec and fblit. I remember using Vista on it for the first time - I was always a fan of the landscape generation programmes - and it rendered the screen in minutes.

It's got Flyin' High installed on it too, which is amazing at speed. And Xtreme Racing with all the custom tracks people made and put on Aminet. All the tools I wrote to compact space onto floppy disks - I made my own device driver using PFS and the diskspare device and could get exactly 1000KB on a DD floppy disk - which was great for storage at the time.

Whoever gets it is getting a REAL treat! It's a real sweet machine.

Harrison
8th June 2009, 19:22
Does sound like you put a lot of time and effort into the system. Sadly I doubt you will get back quite what you put into it with the final price it goes for. However with it towered and with an 060 accelerator I would expect it to be worth at least £200-300. The accelerator is worth £180 on its own.

burns flipper
25th June 2009, 11:38
Just so you know how blindingly fast this beast is, here's a screenshot from Sysinfo...

http://www.elbox.com/tests/gfx/si_b1260_69.jpg