PDA

View Full Version : Kickstart 1.3 with WHDload?

woody.cool
3rd June 2009, 18:08
Hi all,

I've used WHDLoad for some time now, and know that it works on Kickstart 2.0 and above, but my question is: does it work on Kickstart 1.3 Amigas?

I (still) have 1.3 ROMs in my A2000 at the moment, and being lazy, thought that it might work with 1.3

Graham Humphrey
3rd June 2009, 21:18
The docs state it requires 2.0 at least. I have no way of trying it though so couldn't be sure if there would be a way round it - maybe just try it and see what happens.

woody.cool
3rd June 2009, 22:25
The docs state it requires 2.0 at least. I have no way of trying it though so couldn't be sure if there would be a way round it - maybe just try it and see what happens.

Doesn't matter now anyway .... it was for my A2000, but that's now completely buggered, leaving with no more Amigas that have both hard drive and Kickstart 1.3

Harrison
4th June 2009, 09:36
What went wrong with the A2000? You would have been able to softkick to kickstart 2.0 on the A2000 and run Workbench 2 on it had it still been working. I don't think you can use WHDLoad on Workbench below version 2 because of OS requirements for libraries and other things.

woody.cool
5th June 2009, 07:09
What went wrong with the A2000? You would have been able to softkick to kickstart 2.0 on the A2000 and run Workbench 2 on it had it still been working. I don't think you can use WHDLoad on Workbench below version 2 because of OS requirements for libraries and other things.
See my thread about the strange A2000 floppy drive problems & CIA chip problems.
Unfortunately, the machine completely died not long after that post.