PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Multimedia Notebook

Demon Cleaner
7th April 2009, 15:04
Asus just released a gaming notebook with some nice power.

http://usa.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=13987

Harrison
7th April 2009, 15:22
Looks good. Especially the mobile version of the 4870 graphics card, although I don't know how it performs compared to the desktop version of the same card, but if it is close to mine then it will be very good for gaming.

The processor choice is also pretty good. The T9600 is a nice dual core mobile processor, although it will drain the battery very fast. The P CPUs have half the cache but are more energy efficient and just as good for general use and gaming in most cases.

I do however think it is worth waiting at the moment if buying a laptop because the i7 processors are just gaining speed and I think Intel and AMD will soon have some new mobile CPUs on the market. It wuld mean older CPUs will drop in price and a good bargain will be found. The AM3 AMD architecture is just coming out too to give AMD processors DDR3 ram too.

Demon Cleaner
7th April 2009, 17:04
Looks good. Especially the mobile version of the 4870 graphics card, although I don't know how it performs compared to the desktop version of the same card, but if it is close to mine then it will be very good for gaming.They use crossfire mode with two 4870 cards, so that should give enough power.