PDA

View Full Version : My updated emulation PC

Demon Cleaner
6th April 2009, 14:38
As I updated everything on my emulation system since the last week, and now everthing is done and fully working again, I'm posting a desktop screenshot here.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/desk2.png

Ghost
6th April 2009, 20:00
I really should do something similar with my own old rig.

These days I really long back to some older games.

Puni/Void
6th April 2009, 21:09
I really should do something similar with my own old rig.

These days I really long back to some older games.

You're not alone, Ghost. Just recently I fired up the old Donkey Kong Rumble on the SNES, and I was not disappointed. The game is just as good as it was when I last played it years ago. Many games age with time and can look a bit outdated in the graphics-department, but there are titles out there that shines with excellence in this area. :) I'll be trying out more retro stuff in the near future - many games I would like to complete again.

That's quite a setup, Demon. I guess there aren't many platforms you can't emulate. :smokin: I'd like to have a dedicated machine setup for emulation myself. The dream is to place it in the living room beside the DVD-player and decoder, and have access to thousands of titles to play on the TV. This combined with wireless controllers (and a mini-fridge close to the chair) would be pure gold. :shades:

Harrison
7th April 2009, 00:16
Very nice.

I'm currently setting my new emulation system up in much the same way. I've so far setup the OS and got everything running nice and smoothly, and next will be the task to add all of the emulators to the system. I've also installed 2 1TB HDDs in the system, plus a 120GB boot drive, so 2.12TB of storage on the new system should be more than enough for the moment. ;)

Personally though, I'm going to look into other ways to have direct access to all of the emulators, rather than having all of the shortcut icons on the desktop. I want to setup a few frontends to do the job for me.

Demon Cleaner
7th April 2009, 13:48
That's also one thing I wanted to do, use more frontends. But configuring that can be very time consuming, and I don't have it, or just I don't want to spend so much time to do it. Already spend a lot of time doing this.

But I have at least 10 different GameBase sets (Amiga and C64 excluded), so that could perhaps be easier. But then again, I don't really play the games, but only show people a few of them, so I don't need the frontends.

Harrison
7th April 2009, 15:53
I'm going to test out GameEX a bit more and see how much I can do with that one first.

hotdiggity
13th April 2009, 01:55
But then again, I don't really play the games, but only show people a few of them, so I don't need the frontends.

This is the entertaining thing to me -- all the fun is in getting the system set up the way you want, not playing the games.

Of course, once it's set up all perfect, the fun ends. :D

Demon Cleaner
15th April 2009, 09:01
Of course, once it's set up all perfect, the fun ends. :DHow true :)

Harrison
15th April 2009, 10:52
I definitely get the most fun with the system setup, and then the emulation, frontend and rom collection setup. However I still get loads of enjoyment playing with the games and emulators once it is all finished.