PDA

View Full Version : A1200 with Serial-Scart cable an Plasma

Nuno
16th March 2009, 15:45
Hi...
Recently I have bought a Scart cable to conect my AMIGA to TV.
When I conect the Scart cable on my Samsung - 42" 1080p Flat-Panel Plasma HDTV,th screen is all white...(no image)
This only happens with the plasma, because when I conect the cable with the television of 14 (normal tv...), it works fine...
I have bought this cable on Amigakit...

Have this any solution? Any of you, with the same problem?

Thanks...

Buleste
16th March 2009, 15:55
The Amiga uses a 15MHz signal to display images. You're Plasma probably displays signals at 100MHz and at best will go down to 31MHz so it will not be able to display Amiga images. Sorry but there's probably no way to use your Amiga with the Plasma.

Harrison
16th March 2009, 15:56
However it could be a setting on the Samsung HDTV you need to change. Have you made sure the TV's scart socket is set to receive an RGB signal? And checked the manual for any other information about it's scart socket and what it supports?

Only other thing could be that the HDTV doesn't like the configuration of the cable. There are a couple of different ways an Amiga to Scart cable can be made up (different wiring arrangement) and some TVs like one type, and not others.

Nuno
16th March 2009, 16:10
The cable is this:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/images/amiga-scart-av.jpg

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=211

Harrison
18th March 2009, 16:58
Ah! What Amiga are you using? The A1200 and A600 have the yellow composite video ports on them that could be used with that cable to output a reasonable colour image. However it is restricted to 15Hz because it is just a standard TV composite video output.

It is better to get an Amiga RGB port to scart cable. These connect to the Amiga's 23pin video monitor port and as the Amiga supplies an RGB signal from this port you can then connect the other end with the scart connector into a TV that supports RGB signals via its scart socket. This will give you a very good picture.

I expect that your plasma TV doesn't support composite input via its scart socket, or it isn't enabled in the TV's menus.

Nuno
18th March 2009, 23:55
Ok...Thanks, for your help...:thumbs: