PDA

View Full Version : Top rated Amiga games that you hated

Harrison
4th March 2009, 23:11
There were loads of Amiga games released over the years which got great reviews and a big fan base in the Amiga community.

But were there any Amiga games that got great reviews, but you personally didn't like?

What were they? And why didn't you like them?

Tiago
5th March 2009, 12:24
Well, i know many of you can kill me with this one but here it goes:

- Rainbow island
sorry mates, but i didn't like it, graphics were not bad, sound was .... average(?), gameplay not bad.... but... nothing special... i never understand why it was so rated....

don't kill me ok?

Harrison
5th March 2009, 12:36
:lol: The Amiga version of Rainbow Islands was a pretty accurate port of the Arcade original. I think liking such a game depends on if you like its style of gameplay, and the platform genre.

Buleste
5th March 2009, 12:44
Alien Breed I, II, SE, Tower Assault. Sorry but never liked them.

Harrison
5th March 2009, 13:28
And why didn't you like them?

From that series I loved Alien Breed '92 SE the most and played that a lot. It was even better in two player mode and I think that really added to the experience. But then I've always really liked top down shooters like this, and more recently have really enjoyed the Shadowground games.

However I have to say that I didn't enjoy the other Alien Breed games quite as much because they were all very much the same and having played the '92 version so much they were a bit repetitive. I would probably enjoy them more now if I played them again.

Buleste
5th March 2009, 13:45
The AGA games looked great. The sound samples were good. In TA the acting was awful but the gameplay to me was just boring and repetitive. I just could never get into them.

Vangar
6th March 2009, 17:35
I hate Alien breed as well, actually. Never liked the control system or how much Alien Breed 2 had to load.