PDA

View Full Version : Your all-time favourite groups on the Amiga?

Puni/Void
27th February 2009, 22:07
Hundreds upon hundreds of groups have been active on the Amiga Demoscene through the years.

Which are your all-time favourite groups?

Puni/Void
27th May 2009, 21:52
Not many responses. ;)

I'll try to start. Some of my favourite groups includes the following:

- IRIS (Demos, intros, diskmags, packs etc.. Wide variety of productions with good overall quality.)

- Venture (For creating special kinds of demos with a message.)

- Nah-Kolor

- Kefrens (Absolute legends.)

- Anadune

- Andromeda

- Crusaders

Sharingan
27th May 2009, 22:31
Still Andromeda for me, particularly for the music and the consistent quality.

Spaceballs was/is pretty neat, too.

Cortona
28th May 2009, 22:06
I thought Freezers were good, Red Sector, Crusaders' digitised biscuit font and toilets (Audio X)... and any group that had a sense of humour and wasn't obsessed with how many 'bobs' they could animate on the screen.

Anyone remember the Titanics music disk? Started with a WB1.2 Kickstart screen that turned into their logo. Had a load of house music tracks. That was good.

Puni/Void
28th May 2009, 22:16
I thought Freezers were good, Red Sector, Crusaders' digitised biscuit font and toilets (Audio X)... and any group that had a sense of humour and wasn't obsessed with how many 'bobs' they could animate on the screen.

Anyone remember the Titanics music disk? Started with a WB1.2 Kickstart screen that turned into their logo. Had a load of house music tracks. That was good.

You're right about Freezers. Great group from Poland. The intensity, speed and action of the demos "Wit Premium" and "Lech" is very impressive. Love the music from Bethoven. Now I suddenly feel the urge to watch them again. ;)

Also remember the toilets from Crusaders. :rolleyes: Good times!

Harrison
29th May 2009, 00:09
Kefrens was always one of my favourites. IRIS too.

But with so many great groups it is hard to choose.

Demon Cleaner
29th May 2009, 07:06
In the beginning when I had my Amiga, the most known group was Red Sector, and I also liked their old school demos a lot. Never got deep into the demo scene though. I also like Sanity demos like Elysium.