PDA

View Full Version : Enigma by Phenomena

Puni/Void
27th February 2009, 22:05
Do you like the demo called Enigma by Phenomena?

This is one of my all-time top ten favourites on the Amiga. Great music, cool effects, and nice design sums it all up. The demo has a true old-school atmosphere that takes me back in time.

Enigma can be found at main site of Classicamiga.com, just click here (http://www.classicamiga.com/content/view/4348/209/). There's also a video there so that you don't have to download it to be able to watch it.

Do you miss the feeling and spirit of the old-school demos? I know I do. The demos of today are marvellous when it comes to effects, design and everything, but sometimes I get the feeling that they are missing something, for example the atmosphere and the fun.

Harrison
28th February 2009, 00:12
Yeah, I like that demo. I recently had it running on my A1200 through my main TV, with the audio going through my home cinema amp. Looked and sounded great. And it was a great way to test WHDLoad was working correctly on the system. :)

I love the music from it too. I had the mod on my A4000 for a long time in my random selection that was often playing in the background.

Rebb/TRSI
1st March 2009, 05:47
Do you miss the feeling and spirit of the old-school demos? I know I do. The demos of today are marvellous when it comes to effects, design and everything, but sometimes I get the feeling that they are missing something, for example the atmosphere and the fun.

This is easily fixed! You still interested in asm programming? :yesyes:

Puni/Void
3rd March 2009, 13:24

This is easily fixed! You still interested in asm programming? :yesyes:

Hi there Rebb!

I'm still interested in learning how to program in Assembler. I find it a bit hard to get started, but if you want to give me a helping hand, that would be most welcome. :)

Would love to learn how to do some simple scrollers and copper effects. If I could manage this, then I could build on this knowledge and maybe progress further.

Are copper effects very hard to do in Assembler?

The dream would be to make a small intro and release it before Christmas this year. I've got some graphics I've made myself, and I don't think getting hold of a chiptune would be much problem.

Rebb/TRSI
3rd March 2009, 22:21
Copper effects are quite simple to code. Have to setup my Amiga 500 to start coding some stuff too. You can always mail me if you don't use irc,icq,msn or similar. I will pm you my mail address.

Puni/Void
3rd March 2009, 23:20
Sounds good. Thanks mate. :) I'll contact you through e-mail. :smokin: