PDA

View Full Version : Competition Design a classicamiga banner

Harrison
11th February 2009, 11:58
Design a Classicamiga Banner and/or Logo

Variations of the current classicamiga forum banner has been with us since the start of classicamiga, back in 2001. Making it 8 years old! Therefore I feel it is time to update it.

I'm therefore inviting everyone to have a go at redesigning the forum banner.

Requirements
The only requirement is that the main classicamiga.com name logo is kept the same and remains as a part of all designs. Other than that you can do whatever you wish.

Do I need to be good at designing/drawing?
No, you don't need to be good at designing. If you have some ideas then sketch them down and send them to me. I can flesh them out and create a final design from your ideas.

However if you can create some finished designs that would be great!

What do I win?
If they are good, then your banners and logos will be used on classicamiga. The prize is seeing your work live on the site. :)

I will also give all members who contribute some designs a special trophy in their profile to show they contributed to the designs.

Final designs
If I get enough cool designs then I will setup a banner rotator on the forum so everyones banners can load into the site randomly each time you visit. A bit like Pouet.net does.

So please get designing, and remember, your ideas don't have to be finished designs. They can be a list of ideas you have that I can use to create different designs, sketches, a collection of image files and notes. Anything you can think of. All ideas and input into the logo and banner designs will be very useful.

Tiago
11th February 2009, 12:56
I will try do draw one, but what about the maxumum size of banner in pixels and kb?

Demon Cleaner
11th February 2009, 13:29
I'm gonna upload my old one I made for the games section, I definitely never give up :lol:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/classicamiga/classicamiga_logo_FINAL.jpg

Harrison
11th February 2009, 13:31
:lol: I guessed you would before I even posted the thread. ;)

And don't worry, I am planning to finally include it! Not sure about the Workbench boarder though. Think it would be better without it. Do you have a version?

Demon Cleaner
11th February 2009, 14:39
:lol: I guessed you would before I even posted the thread. ;)

And don't worry, I am planning to finally include it! Not sure about the Workbench boarder though. Think it would be better without it. Do you have a version?That was an easy guess :lol:

I don't have a version without the workbench border, but it can be removed/cropped easily. But I like the workbench border.

Anyways, you will have to make a poll when there are a lot of banners, which of course I doubt. Or just make a with/without workbench border poll about mine :)

Puni/Void
12th February 2009, 21:01
Anyways, you will have to make a poll when there are a lot of banners, which of course I doubt. Or just make a with/without workbench border poll about mine :)

You don't think there will be a lot of entries for the contest? Just wait until I flood the competition with my lame-ass logos made in Paint. ;) I'll even use the fantastic "spray-can" option to make it real cool.

(On the serious side.. I'll try to put together a couple of logos myself. I'm thinking something Demoscene orientated. ;))

Harrison
12th February 2009, 21:07
Some Demoscene orientated ones would be great.

Puni/Void
12th February 2009, 21:11
Good to hear. I'll see what I can come up with. :)

Demon Cleaner
13th February 2009, 14:29
Just the logo in old Amiga style :)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/classicamiga/classicamiga.png

Buleste
13th February 2009, 15:02
I'm glad I have the artistic talent of an amoeba because that way I can't be humiliated in this comp.:lol:

Demon Cleaner
13th February 2009, 15:09
Here it is without the border, but only to mention, the one with the border has exactly the same size than the existing one on the main page.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/classicamiga/classicamigalogo_noborder.jpg

Tiago
2nd March 2009, 12:13
Harrison, do you have more banners?
so you only have 2 yet? Mine and the one from Demon Cleaner?

Harrison
2nd March 2009, 13:39
Yep, only two so far. Although the forum did go down right after starting this comp so I wasn't expecting any really until everything was back up and running.

Tiago
31st March 2009, 10:19
any more banners?

Demon Cleaner
19th May 2009, 16:00
Dead thread?

Harrison
19th May 2009, 23:53
The whole board is pretty quite at the moment. Hopefully we can get some life back into it very soon. All ideas very much welcome.