PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHHHHH stupid Vista

Submeg
7th February 2009, 23:28
So, as you know, I bought a new laptop and there was no way getting around having Windows Vista....

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate (SP1) which is a 32 bit OS. I am trying to use a Roland UA-1EX (http://www.roland.com/products/en/UA-1EX/)There is a driver disk which has the drivers on it, but when I install the driver, it only recognises the device as an output, and I'm trying to use it as an input so I can record from my mixer onto my computer....

Works fine on XP, but stupid 32 bit VISTA!!!!!

:thumbsdown2::censored::doh:

Sharingan
8th February 2009, 07:27
Vista is the biggest pile of donkey crap ever to have graced the world. The guy from Microcrap responsible for devising this piece of cow excrement deserves to be castrated and shot.

Submeg
8th February 2009, 08:04
It's ok, I worked it out, there was a setting in the Control Setting that I needed to switch.

svebbe
8th February 2009, 10:45
Hmm.. if you have Ultimate on the machine, isn't free to "downgrade" to XP? or is it only buisness versions that have that freedom mabey..

woody.cool
8th February 2009, 17:01
Hmm.. if you have Ultimate on the machine, isn't free to "downgrade" to XP? or is it only buisness versions that have that freedom mabey..
It's only Vista Business that comes with the XP "Twin Load" option or the XP downgrade CD.