PDA

View Full Version : Point me 1 computer store in London

Tiago
1st February 2009, 22:53
Hi, my mom will go to UK next week, she will stay in London for 1 week.
I would like to compare London computer/components prices with my local Portuguese prices, to see if i found anything cheaper.
I am looking for a external usb 2.5 HDs for example, can you point me some nice stores? Can you give me a 1 or 2 webpages so i can look, it would be better if the store is in central London so my mom,would find it better.
Thanks

J T
4th February 2009, 13:11
To be perfectly honest, London is generally a very expensive place (as well as being ****ing huge, and shitty - but that's a different matter).

There are a lot of shops along Tottenham court road that sell tech and gadgets, but they are generally a bit like grottos - you have to go hunting around to find stuff and it's all rather messy and chaotic - and haggle with cash to get a good price. I very much doubt they have much in the way of website stock listing and price checking.

Personally, I wouldn't bother, stick to looking for decent online companies to order from.

Tiago
4th February 2009, 17:46
:blink: well, ok JT, thanks for the info

Harrison
4th February 2009, 23:52
I would agree with JT. Store prices are generally always going to be higher than online retailers in the UK. There are some good computer shops around Tottenham court road, but you need to know what you are looking for before you visit them, and you have to have your wits about you as the shop owners are typical Londoners, trying to sell you anything and everything you look at.

J T
5th February 2009, 16:02
Hmmm, yes, and it's not uncommon for them to try and either rip off the unwary or sell obsolete stock to the unprepared.

Sorry bud, but for this sort of thing I'd not recommend London. Hope your mum enjoys the rest of what the city has to offer (to a tourist it can be quite the experience).