PDA

View Full Version : i bought the key for whdload

Tiago
27th January 2009, 08:59
I bought the key for whdload.
Whdload is a great software and i decided to pay for the activation key, to avoid that delay on startup. I install it yesterday, and now is much better, i don't have to wait all those seconds. the key is only 20 euros, and it helps the programmer to keep doing such a great work. :)

Zetr0
27th January 2009, 10:04
Welcome to the WHDLoad owners club my friend!

its well worth it and it beings a sense of belonging to the community :D

Harrison
27th January 2009, 13:37
Yes, it is definitely worth buying. Some games won't actually work without it either.

It's also nice to have that personalised touch, seeing your name when it loads. :)

JLPedro
27th January 2009, 13:43
It will bee My next buy for shure! :thumbs:

Buleste
27th January 2009, 14:04
It's Definitely worth it if just to make sure that WHDLoad is developed further.

Tiago
27th January 2009, 17:52
I gave a check on the key file, it also has the full postal address.

Zetr0
28th January 2009, 07:46
I gave a check on the key file, it also has the full postal address.

LMAO! thats more than the postman!!!! LOL

Harrison
28th January 2009, 11:56
That is very true. I often see some very strange addresses come through our mail centre. Sometimes with no way of it ever hoping to reach its destination! Some with just the name of the person on them! At Christmas this is very common as people are hand delivering cards and accidentally post them with their other cards. But during the year they come though as well.

Best letter I ever saw was one with the name of the person it was going to and a set of GPS coordinates. Plus a comment on the back "lets see how long this takes to arrive!". :lol:

woody.cool
29th January 2009, 20:52
I bought WHDLoad key quite a while ago .... probably the best purchase I've ever made!

Graham Humphrey
29th January 2009, 21:52
Random question - a few years ago I paid for my key through my dad's PayPal account, and inevitably the key's in his name. It's not something that's ever bothered me but I'd quite like it in my name really, seeing as I actually paid for it ;)

It's not that big a deal and I don't want to bug Wepl about something so trivial so does anyone know if he'll do things like change names on the keyfile?

Harrison
29th January 2009, 23:01
When I bought mine you could state what name you wanted it to have.

Graham Humphrey
29th January 2009, 23:21
Ah right, cheers. Never had that option as far as I can remember. Will probably get in touch with him to see if he'll change it for me.

PubZombie
30th January 2009, 16:49
I have paid the registration fee and havent used WHDload yet. My 030 card is on its way to me at the moment and then i need to get a hard disk and away I go.

Harrison
30th January 2009, 17:18
You could give the key a test run in WinUAE, and download the KGWHD game packs.

In fact you could use WinUAE to build your Workbench setup and then once you have an HD just copy the lot onto it via WinUAE and it will be ready to go in the A1200. ;)

PubZombie
30th January 2009, 22:52

In fact you could use WinUAE to build your Workbench setup and then once you have an HD just copy the lot onto it via WinUAE and it will be ready to go in the A1200. ;)

Jeeze Harrison, I dont know where to start. can you direct me to a link or site that will walk me through setting up a HDD and putting it in my miggy?
Cheers
Pz

woody.cool
30th January 2009, 23:01

Jeeze Harrison, I dont know where to start. can you direct me to a link or site that will walk me through setting up a HDD and putting it in my miggy?
Cheers
Pz
Fairly easy:

Connect your Amiga HDD up to your PC's IDE.
Boot up your PC
Start WinUAE with '-disablehddsafetycheck' parameter
Add your Amiga HDD in the Hard Drive screen
Set up your HDD as you would in a real Amiga
Shutdown PC and remove Amiga HDD
Put it in Amiga

DONE!

PubZombie
31st January 2009, 00:21
Hi woody :D
I need to get some time in on winuae, I have only just started to play around with it. All the emulation I have been doing with amiga adfs has been on the Gp2x, its totaly different.

Harrison
31st January 2009, 01:58
@PubZombie

I've written a couple of articles on the CA Wiki that run though how to setup an Amiga HD on a PC using WinUAE. You can see the articles by going to http://wiki.classicamiga.com/Installing_a_large_Harddrive_(4GB_or_larger) (http://wiki.classicamiga.com/Installing_a_large_Harddrive_%284GB_or_larger))

Once the HDD is setup I highly recommend you look at the ClassicWB package as the Workbench setup to install on to the HD. It is a very nice preconfigured WB setup that is lightweight, so doesn't contain loads of clutter, but is configured nicely so it has most utilities and other stuff already setup to work nicely.

ClassicWB also has WHDLoad preinstalled so you can just drop your key into the correct directory to use it. And with WHDLoad I recomend downloaded the Killergorilla Game packs as they contain every game supporte by WHDLoad, already installed and setup ready to go.

You can download ClassicWB from http://classicwb.abime.net/ I recommend using with the ADV or ADVSP versions with your 030 accelerator as they offer a bit more for the extra CPU power.

For the KGWHD load packs, you can download them from http://kgwhd.whdownload.com/

Ask anything if you get stuck or need to know something.

PubZombie
31st January 2009, 13:58
thanks harrison

I need to sort a load of stuff out.

JLPedro
3rd February 2009, 08:49
Welcome to another registered WHDLoad owner! (ME :yesyes:) , just sent the money today , waiting for the key. :coffee:

TiredOfLife
10th February 2009, 23:56
Great that installs are still being worked on after all this time
Every registration is definitely well deserved.

Graham Humphrey
11th February 2009, 06:55
Definitely. And a new version (16.9) has just been released so maybe it'll push a few more into registering ;)

Puni/Void
24th November 2009, 21:03
Have just registered my copy of WHDLoad. I encourage others to do the same. It's a great piece of software. It'll be great to get rid of the waiting time after launching a game. :)

Tiago
25th November 2009, 13:27
oh yes!
it there is great software out there, this is defenitly a big one!

Harrison
25th November 2009, 13:39
WHDLoad has to be the one piece of software that breathed life back into so many users Amigas in the last few years.

I hadn't really used any of my real Amigas that much for years until I setup my A1200 with a Blizzard 1230 MKIV accelerator and WHDLoad. It is amazing having every game setup and ready to run from the HDD. It is the ultimate dream many had back in the Amiga day that is now realised. All games on tap and no waiting for floppy boot loading. Plus save to HDD and instant quit to Workbench. :)

ArcadeGuru
15th March 2010, 13:11
I registered mine. It's well worth the money when you consider the work involved in creating the software. Also it keeps the Amiga alive which is very important :D

Shoonay
15th March 2010, 13:49
Greatest software ever created for the Amiga, best way to spent your money that makes you REALLY feel like you've spent it in a productive way. :)

Phantom
15th March 2010, 15:07
Exactly Shoonay. One of the best shareware programs for the Amiga, no doubt.:thumbs:

Storm
17th December 2011, 10:11
Definitely a piece of software worth paying for. Nice to see my name on it too as it starts up :)

thegers82
15th June 2012, 11:12
Ive bought a key for Whdload and I read it can take up to 3-4 working days to arrive by email. Generally when does it usually arrive? as im eager to play my hard drive installed copy of shufflepuck cafe.

Thanks.

Harrison
15th June 2012, 13:51
Normally within a week.

I think only one person involved with the project manually creates each key so it's only done in their spare time.

thegers82
15th June 2012, 14:20
Fair enough.

Something as great as this is worth waiting for.

Thanks for the reply.

thegers82
16th June 2012, 07:03
Arrived last night quite quick considering it could have taken up to a week.

Got it registered, great piece of software.