PDA

View Full Version : Bad ebay seller. Avoid "airey36"

Tiago
25th January 2009, 16:15
Hello,
i bought an Amiga item long time ago from seller "airey36". It was an amiga ram card. I pay with insurance and tracking number, that he give me. The item was lost. He knows it is lost, and it didn't reach me, he can easily go to the web and check the status. He knows it's true, i contact many times and open an dispute in ebay, he said that he was checking with his post office. I waited long time, and agree to wait more time,so i forgot the time limit for the dispute to be open, and the time ended. I call him, and he didn't reply to my messages, i contact Ebay, that understand the situation, but they can't do anything because the time has ended.
So, avoid this seller, he is not an honest person.
I believe he really send the card, but it didn't arrive and he didn't do anything to resolve the problem, and didn't give me my money back.

So, avoid this seller, he is not an honest person.

Zetr0
25th January 2009, 18:35
@Tiago

my good friend, i dont doubt a word that you say, its very strange as any dealing I have had with Anthony (airey36) has been the complete opposite, a very genuine and helpful guy.

I do hope you can get some resolve with him, as you deserve it, if communication has broken down I help act an intermediate if you wish my friend.

Tiago
25th January 2009, 23:13
@Tiago

my good friend, i dont doubt a word that you say, its very strange as any dealing I have had with Anthony (airey36) has been the complete opposite, a very genuine and helpful guy.

I do hope you can get some resolve with him, as you deserve it, if communication has broken down I help act an intermediate if you wish my friend.

Zetr0 that would be great, i don't think he will do anything, but if you know him,and if you can do it, i would thanks. I have all the info about, emails with him, with ebay, with my local post office, and tracking numbers.

Stephen Coates
26th January 2009, 01:19
I bought some items from airey36 a few years ago and the items arrived fine. Not bought anything since then though.

Graham Humphrey
26th January 2009, 06:55
Same for me, I had some dealings with him a few years back, because he lives in Norfolk he brought them round and actually helped me set them up, he was extremely helpful and doesn't seem like someone who will rip people off.

Tiago
26th January 2009, 13:11
Same for me, I had some dealings with him a few years back, because he lives in Norfolk he brought them round and actually helped me set them up, he was extremely helpful and doesn't seem like someone who will rip people off.

Well, i am glad yoy didnt had problems with him. I cannot say the same.
It is not the first time i had problems with ebay. It's not only the problem of didn't get the iten, but also education, he avoid me, and the answers the few times he did, were not the best.

anyway, i don't believe i will get my money back, but i think i should do samething, the only thing i could do is tell my story.

Harrison
26th January 2009, 15:04
If he sent you the item with insured shipping then you definitely should be entitled to get your money back. The fact he isn't answering your emails is a bit strange. Even if he has already spent the money you paid him for the item, the postal insurance will be covering the refund, not himself personally. Seems a bit dodgy if he doesn't reply.

Tiago
26th January 2009, 18:07
If he sent you the item with insured shipping then you definitely should be entitled to get your money back. The fact he isn't answering your emails is a bit strange. Even if he has already spent the money you paid him for the item, the postal insurance will be covering the refund, not himself personally. Seems a bit dodgy if he doesn't reply.

Correct.
I talked with Ebay and they agree with me, but the limit has go beyond the limit, so they can't do anything. I trust him, when he said he was wainting for the post office to confirm the non-delivery, so i trust him.... and this is the result.

Zetr0
27th January 2009, 10:07
@Tiago

my friend as you know royal mail are a pain in the ass, as the item I sent insured to you that got lost, i had to wait ages before i could send out a claim for lost post!

Harrison
27th January 2009, 13:38
That is very true. However he should be communicating with Tiago to let him know the situation.

Tiago
27th January 2009, 17:36
@Tiago

my friend as you know royal mail are a pain in the ass, as the item I sent insured to you that got lost, i had to wait ages before i could send out a claim for lost post!

Yes Zetr0 but the difference is that you allways reply, you are a really great guy!!!
You were worry about it, and you did all you could do and the result was the best!!
i can only say Thank you very very much.

But that guy is a different story, 5 months have past since then... and no communication, no explanation, no money back.

woody.cool
29th January 2009, 20:47
I do find this very strange, as I've had plenty of dealing with airey36 and have never had a problem.
However, now it's been mentioned, I will be warey!

Fragger
18th November 2009, 11:03
Hi guys, i just found this thread via google, because i made a search on airey36.

As it seems to happened today morning, airey36 is no longer a registered member of ebay.
So i´m kinda shocked right now, because i bought many games from him, i would guess an amount of 1.000 Euros or more. Yeah, there had been some issues (like mold on the Monkey Island 1 codewheel and in some boxes), but most of the deals went really fine. Delivery to Germany was always fast, so i never had the problem with lost packages.

So it seems like i need to look for another seller.. i guess it will be hard.

Regards, from Germany.

Torsten

Harrison
18th November 2009, 12:09
That is sad news. Whilst some did report his level of service dropping off in more recent times he was one of the biggest ebay sellers of Amiga stuff. I always managed to get specific items from him when I was stuck, such as an A600 motherboard when mine died.

I wonder what happened to him? Anyone know. His real name is Tony Beresford if that helps.

@Fragger. Have you visited http://www.amibay.com yet? A retro trading site which I host, develop, and help to run. It is a great resource for buying Amiga gear. We have lots of trusted sellers.

Fragger
18th November 2009, 15:39
Hi, no i don´t know this site, but i will risk a look. :) Sounds good from the description. :)

I checked his new auction at 1.00 am, so his shop was still active at this time.

Regards, Torsten

Stephen Coates
18th November 2009, 16:28
That is a shame if he has stopped selling. I bought a copy of DevPac from him a few months ago. I was also thinking about buying an A500 keyboard from him as well.

Harrison
18th November 2009, 18:02
@Fragger Amibay can be considered a sister site to classicamiga as I also host and develop Amibay alongside this site on the same servers. We have a great group of staff members on Amibay policing the site and making sure everyone conducts their transactions properly so buying and selling on the site is secure and safe.

Amibay isn't an auction site either so all sellers have to state the exact price they want for their items. This means you know what you are paying and we don't charge any fees. So it is a win win situation. Come take a look! ;)

Fragger
19th November 2009, 22:58
Hi guys, i just got a mail from Tony.. he hopes that he will back on Friday.. Yeeehaaaaa.. :D

Harrison
20th November 2009, 02:54
Did he give any reasons why his account was deactivated on ebay, or why his buyers have been having problems?

Fragger
20th November 2009, 12:39
Yeah ...security reasons, maybe a hack attack on his account.

Btw he is back in business.

Harrison
20th November 2009, 15:37
Good to know. Thanks for letting us know.

Have you visited amibay yet? Even if you continue to use his ebay services, Amibay is a great extra resource for finding a lot of rare stuff, and the members are very helpful in going out of their way if you are looking for something.

amigamaniac
25th November 2009, 06:57
I bought a few things off him over the years, and never a problem, until the last few transactions. I bought a KB for my A1200, which got 'lost' (stolen more like). He also forgot to send me a top shield once, but it was cheap so I didn't care. He did answer messages on ebay when I asked where my item was. His inbox was full sometimes, so he didn't get some messages. I don't think that he is dishonest, but you never know. Sometimes I wondered if he does so many transactions that he sometimes forgets to post stuff, or gets confused, and thinks he has posted something when he hasn't. It seems odd though that I never had a problem, then all of a sudden, a few bad transactions...

Harrison
25th November 2009, 12:19
It makes sense that he might have just been getting overwhelmed with too many sales to cope. But if that was the case, then he should have stated longer expected dispatch and delivery times, and setup a spreadsheet or something to track each sale.

He probably did just get confused and in a muddle.

Xiantrius
16th April 2011, 14:08
Hi the issue is still from 2009 but I have to confirm airey36 itself is a bad seller on ebay.
He sold me a captive disk originals and like the other products, posted the following in his description:

"" "Amiga Original Game Tested on a 500 1 meg system

Captive by Mindscape note game is as pictured, is with a plastic case

good overall condition, complete with instructions note ive booted the disk and this is the version with the screen stanndard no number on screen

For the Amiga range of computers, should work on most systems unless designed for a specific model this will be stated in the listing, I do provied on request a disk that Kick Lo Re Allows a lot of the older games to work on the 1200/600 .

See my vast range of amiga games now listed on ebiduk.net save buy buying from my 250 games listed are all tested working and a lot cheaper than many ebay dealers "" "

He wanted to say that this game was tested and allegedly worked.
After I got the game captive is what happened.
I inserted the disk into my drive Amiga. My Amiga begins to load the game and it starts to rattle. Here I immediately went to the reading head broke the drive and then could not read a single floppy disk anymore. Everywhere was DF0 :????.
I immediately turned on the buyer protection from PayPal because I've bought the game from there. have given disk is defective and the description does not on the actual state.
So now my error comes after Paypal has told me I should send the package back, I'm unfortunately back your purchase. This had to follow it, Paypal rejected the buyers protection and graduated from the topic easily. I have sent the game since 02/28/2011 is the right place.
The seller airey36 always claimed that he had not received it and I have to date received no money back. I paid € 50.22 for the game have to know her and I had to buy a new Amiga floppy drive for € 25.00. He has not even hurt me the behaupetete stattdesen paid and the game has been damaged during shipping. So these people are talked out but already bad right? Shall I tell you something? He has offered the game and simply NOT TESTED for sale.
From this I do not rule out that he is a cheater is my view of miras ago my Ebay name her athran can look at my ratings, and believe me quietly what I have written to you. I can prove it, unfortunately, not really a cheat above is, in any case only because of my mistake because of the return shipping history, it's often the game is not captive arrived today. He does this only because he knows the buyer protection was rejected.
in any case you shall all know, unfortunately I have to do this kind of experience with the ebay seller airey36.

Xiantrius
16th April 2011, 14:10
He wanted to say that this game was tested and allegedly worked.
After I got the game captive is what happened.
I inserted the disk into my drive Amiga. My Amiga begins to load the game and it starts to rattle. Here I immediately went to the reading head broke the drive and then could not read a single floppy disk anymore. Everywhere was DF0 :????.
I immediately turned on the buyer protection from PayPal because I've bought the game from there. have given disk is defective and the description does not on the actual state.
So now my error comes after Paypal has told me I should send the package back, I'm unfortunately back your purchase. This had to follow it, Paypal rejected the buyers protection and graduated from the topic easily. I have sent the game since 02/28/2011 is the right place.
The seller airey36 always claimed that he had not received it and I have to date received no money back. I paid € 50.22 for the game have to know her and I had to buy a new Amiga floppy drive for € 25.00. He has not even hurt me the behaupetete stattdesen paid and the game has been damaged during shipping. So these people are talked out but already bad right? Shall I tell you something? He has offered the game and simply NOT TESTED for sale.
From this I do not rule out that he is a cheater is my view of miras ago my Ebay name her athran can look at my ratings, and believe me quietly what I have written to you. I can prove it, unfortunately, not really a cheat above is, in any case only because of my mistake because of the return shipping history, it's often the game is not captive arrived today. He does this only because he knows the buyer protection was rejected.
in any case you shall all know, unfortunately I have to do this kind of experience with the ebay seller airey36.