PDA

View Full Version : Which Amiga game do you play these days?

Ghost
17th January 2009, 23:41
When you have the time, which Amiga game do you play on a real Amiga or an Emulator?

v85rawdeal
18th January 2009, 08:52
Frontier: Elite II on my A1200.

I know that there are newer games on the PC, but none seem to be the labour of love that Frontier was, and none seem to have the same atmosphere or 'feel' that the Elkite games had. There is something about the opene strains of 'The Blue Danube' that always reminds of the game, above and beyond the sequence from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Frontier. Possibly the greatest game ever made.

Harrison
19th January 2009, 16:12
I also still play Frontier quite often. Loading up some of my old games from back in the day that contains a ton of money and heavily upgraded ships and enjoy reliving parts of the game. It definitely is still one of the greatest games ever made. And we are all still waiting for a true sequel. (just given me an idea for a thread!)

I also play quite a few other games often. And often on both real Amigas and emulation. Since upgrading my A1200 and installing the complete set of KGWHD game packs on there I've definitely been using the real system much more. :)

Another game I keep going back to is Pinball Fantasies. That never gets boring. And quite a few shoot 'em ups and platform games too. I don't think any system since the 16-bit era has really delivered platform games as interesting or as fun to play as this era.

I'm also considering playing through the Eye of the Beholder games again, but this time the custom AGA versions that were recently made. :)

Niagara
19th January 2009, 19:45
I'm going through the whole first world war again with Wings.

I got through half of Another World, untill it got to me (i swore to complete it ,as i never could do it when i was young) Then i watched the longplay and regretted it instantly, while comforting myself that i would have never found the solution on my own.

Vroom and Lotus I&II, Jaguar.

Turrican I (Still cant find the exit of level 1....!)

Pinball Dreams; The Far West Train- table has got the most interesting layout i think.

The PD-game Tanxx can also be some fun for a while.

NIA.

woody.cool
19th January 2009, 20:02
I play the following, the most: Qwak
Lotus Turbo Challenge 2
Shadow Of The Beast 3
Lemmings
Project X
First Samuraiall of which are on my A1200's hard drive.

PubZombie
19th January 2009, 22:02
Hi guys,

i am playing wings again on my miggy1200 :) great game. I have Pinball dreams in the post on its way to me :) i just lurve the horror table. I also have an original of Frontier and have yet to play it on my miggy. there is a gp2x port of Frontier that is great to play on the handheld. especialy at work, on company time :)

Harrison
19th January 2009, 23:27
I got through half of Another World, untill it got to me (i swore to complete it ,as i never could do it when i was young) Then i watched the longplay and regretted it instantly, while comforting myself that i would have never found the solution on my own.

I completed Another World back when it came out. Great game and definitely much better to complete yourself. Shame.

Niagara
20th January 2009, 11:11
Yeah,i know i know....:chair:

TiredOfLife
11th February 2009, 00:03
Play most of the stuff installed on my A1200 which is a fair bit.
Been playing EOBI AGA and TotalChaos and Doom of late.

WolfMan
14th April 2009, 20:54
At the moment i play:

- Formula one Masters
- Pirates
- It came from the Desert
- Twitris
- Wolfpack
- Pinball Dreams
- Wings
- Silent Service 2

The only that is not Original, is Formula one Masters...

I have all in Original condition...Boxed, and with manuals...
This is what i call Original games...They are not like the original games of actual days...:thumbsdown2:
Amiga original games, are with big box, great manuals, and big maps...:thumbs:

Ghost
14th April 2009, 23:48
Seeing as I am a little tired of doing nothing during the evenings with the exception of drawing and posting, I really should give Fire Force and the James Pond games a go again.

Amigaman52
15th April 2009, 18:44
One of my favorites that I still play the most is "Lords Of The Rising Sun", I can sit for hours playing that game still and I play out all the events which make it more enjoyable. I also play a lot of the games like "Pirates" and "Flashback".:evil:

PiAnt
11th August 2009, 16:38
Deuteros.

First time probably more than 20 years ago.

Hopefully I'll finish it soon.

Puni/Void
12th August 2009, 15:38
Recently I've enjoyed playing Banshee AGA on my Amiga 1200. This shoot'em'up is pure excellence. One of the better I've played regardless of platform. :) I'm also considering trying out Wings again, but that will have to wait for now. ;)

slicer1000
13th August 2009, 14:21
Leander was the last game I played

Puni/Void
2nd May 2010, 22:41
These days I'm playing Battle for Wesnoth. A turn-based strategy game. It's great fun. The game is very addictive and hard to let go. ;) Have almost finished two campaigns now, but there are plenty to go.

Also had a blast playing Mega-Lo-Mania not long ago.

What are you currently playing?

AndyLandy
2nd May 2010, 22:49
For me, I still love playing Frontier. I know it's been said before, but I really do love that game!

I've also recently been having a go at Valhalla, and hoping to track down a copy of Darkseed soon.

Finally (and possibly rather embarrassingly) I've been battling my way through Captain Planet. That game is an absolute b*****d. :-)

Harrison
4th May 2010, 11:32
I only ever gave Battle for Wesnoth a quick look. Must really try i again when I get time.

Most recently I was playing Cadavar. Love that game, but never did finish it back in the day, so am determined to.

Another game I'm currently playing is one you may kill me for, because it was never released on the Amiga. It is Ranarama on the ST (sorry). I originally got this game with my STFM back in the 80's, and again never completed it, so wanted to.

AndyLandy
4th May 2010, 12:03
Most recently I was playing Cadavar. Love that game, but never did finish it back in the day, so am determined to.

I really must give that another go some time soon. I'm much the same, loved it as a kid, but was never any good at it!

Puni/Void
7th May 2010, 22:59
I only ever gave Battle for Wesnoth a quick look. Must really try i again when I get time.

Another game I'm currently playing is one you may kill me for, because it was never released on the Amiga. It is Ranarama on the ST (sorry). I originally got this game with my STFM back in the 80's, and again never completed it, so wanted to.

Cadaver is quite the classic. Good luck on finishing the game. I know you can do it! :thumbs:

Trying out Wesnoth is highly recommended. I didn't expect the game to be as addictive as it turned out to be. It's the classic "just one more turn and I'll stop playing..".

Buleste
8th May 2010, 00:41
I tried Wesnoth on my Miggy but Whilst it was good it was very slow which made it almost unplayable. I think you need something that will run 4.1 for it to be playable.

happydevas
15th December 2010, 13:26
I only had the pleasure to play two of the games listed, Defender of the Crown, in which catapulting castles was pure fun, and SpeedBall 2, which probably was responsible for the pile of broken joysticks I accumulated.

Harrison
15th December 2010, 17:12
Firstly hi happydevas and welcome. :thumbs:

And that is definitely true. Speedball 2 has to be one of the games responsible for breaking the most joysticks. Others would have to include Sensible Soccer and Kickoff. Speedball 2 is still one of the best 2 player games to date in my view.

Puni/Void
15th December 2010, 20:41
Having a go at Pinball Illusions due to the Lemon/EAB knockout contest. :P) Deadline is on the 18th on December and I'm way behind everyone else. :( Hopefully I'll manage to crank up the score a bit later on. ;) The other competitors seems very skilled!

Phantom
29th December 2010, 13:36
Cube (for reviewing purposes though).

Menace
13th January 2011, 20:03
Mostly Carrier Command,Cybercon III,Captive and Dungeon Master

Puni/Void
24th January 2011, 20:18
Haven't played an Amiga game in a while now after Pinball Illusions. Didn't get a proper enough score in that game. Disappointing.

Harrison
25th January 2011, 11:58
We must restart the competitions soon so we are all motivated to play some more great Amiga classics.

Puni/Void
27th January 2011, 06:49
That would be great. :) Maybe Slamtilt? ;)