PDA

View Full Version : It's nor Fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buleste
16th January 2009, 12:30
I just found out about this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1chipMSX) FPGA MSX project and read through and was thinking "Great where can I get one outside Japan" then after lots of googling I found out this
On the 5th of July 2008, the MSX Association's Europe website posted an announcement reporting that D4 Enterprise is selling the 1chipMSX illegally. In the same post it is stated that Bazix no longer is their representative in Europe, due to Bazix cutting off their relationship..

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame I was really looking forward to this one.

Harrison
16th January 2009, 12:42
That is a real shame. That looked like a great project, akin to something like the Minimig.

Any idea what ROHS regulations it failed? Seems mad that a computer system would contain anything hazardous.

Buleste
16th January 2009, 12:59
Probably the interference problem that all old computers had. (Remember when using a computer would interfere with radio signals?) I think it failed more on the licensing issues although as the technology is over 25 years old I doubt that the MSX Association has much money or clout to make a legal challenge.

From what I've seen the only retro FPGA computer to make it has been the MiniMig. Even the C-One (A FPGA C64/VIC 20 clone) seems to have disappeared.