PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl

Demon Cleaner
4th February 2007, 23:01
Is anyone going to watch the Superbowl tonight? Kick Off is in 20 minutes. I already made myself comfortable in front of the TV.

rayzorblue
4th February 2007, 23:20
nah gridiron aint my thing i like real football lol, mu uncle used to play american football though for the cumbrian cougars :)

Harrison
5th February 2007, 01:18
I could never get into American Football. Always bored me. Although normal proper Football bores me quite a bit too.

rayzorblue
5th February 2007, 01:37
Im guessing u aint much of a sports person Harrison, except maybe hmm formula one or beach volleyball everybody likes the beach volleyball ;)

Submeg
5th February 2007, 01:40
I 2nd beach volleyball....gridiron is ok, a lot of tactics in that game :s

Harrison
5th February 2007, 02:00
Im guessing u aint much of a sports person Harrison, except maybe hmm formula one or beach volleyball everybody likes the beach volleyball ;)

But is beach vollyball a real sport? Probably the best spectator sport granted.

Indeed I do like Formula One. Sad that I didn't get to the British Grand Prix last year, but I'm going to try and go again this year. :) I like all other forms of motor sport too. Also like some other sports. Tennis especially. Watch it whenever I can and have been to Wimbledon twice. Athletics too. Like watching all the sports in the Olympics and Common wealth games.

As for Football, I do watch the World Cup but that is all. Just not any other Football as I find normal club matches very boring and football in general has just never interested me. You can imagine what a nightmare it was for me that in one of my old design jobs I used to have to go to NTL sponsored games to film the stadiums for the NTL website and was given a free ticket in the VIP area at each match. For me it was the most boring day, but I can imagine fans would have given anything for that opportunity. I had to walk out into the centre of the pitch 10 minutes before the game was about to start to film panoramas of the stadium and fans. Then after the match I had to film more panoramas in the private VIP suites with all the guests present.

AlexJ
5th February 2007, 09:04
Didn't watch the SB this year, with it being the first 6 Nations Rugby weekend, I'd had my fill of sport.

Stephen Coates
5th February 2007, 10:41
No.

It took me about 5 posts on another forum to actually figure out what it is, and currently I still only know that it is some kind of sporting event. No idea which sport or why it is any different to any other sporting event.

J T
5th February 2007, 10:50
Ah, nads.... I forgot it was on. I usually try and watch some of the Superbowl. Watching the occasional game of American Football is quite cool, I enjoy it.

I stayed up to watch the Steelers win last year. As they were playing the first game I ever watched and understood a few years earlier, I guess they are the team I'd root for (if they were playing).

The previous year I watched half of the game with the New England Patriots and someone else and it was a bit of a dull one, so I went to bed at half time. The next day when I checked everyone said the second half was electric and the game came to life. Pants.

AlexJ
5th February 2007, 10:53
Well it's the final of the NFL (National Football League) in America. It's been advertised all over TV Steve, and I find it hard to believe you don't even know which sport it is! Would it have taken that much to look at it on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/Superbowl) just so you'd have an idea what you were talking about?

Stephen Coates
5th February 2007, 11:42
Well it's the final of the NFL (National Football League) in America. It's been advertised all over TV Steve, and I find it hard to believe you don't even know which sport it is! Would it have taken that much to look at it on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/Superbowl) just so you'd have an idea what you were talking about?

The only channels I have watched recenntly are Channel 5, ITV1 and Film4 ad haven't seen any adverts for it.

And no, I wouldn't have thought to look on WikiPedia because I really don't care what the Superbowl is because I am not interested.

n.b. I don;t watch that much TV and am not interested in sport.

This last couple of days is the only time I have ever heard of Superbowl anyway except that I knew that the Macintosh advert was played during it in 1983/1984. The only other Superbowl I know of is Superbowl 2000 in Kimberworth which is a ten pin bowling place.

LowercaseE
5th February 2007, 12:40
I watched the first half of the game and it was pretty good, lots of turnovers and scoring for a Superbowl. Then Prince came on at the half time show and I about threw up and opted to watch a movie (Argento's DO YOU LIKE HITHCOCK?) rather that a game that was sullied by his very attendance.

Puni/Void
5th February 2007, 12:44
Most people, I believe, have heard about the Superbowl. Almost all American TV-series, (whether it's Friends - Seinfeld - The King of Queens - Everybody Loves Raymond etc) have references to the event. The same goes for the usual sports news. Often some references to the NFL or the Superbowl there.

Superbowl is truly a big event in the US, probably just like the FA Cup final in soccer in England. :)

Watch a bit of the Superbowl this year at the pub, and it's ok to watch. I prefer watching soccer though - especially the World Cup.

AlexJ
5th February 2007, 16:09
The only channels I have watched recenntly are Channel 5, ITV1 and Film4 ad haven't seen any adverts for it.

It was televised on ITV1.

Stephen Coates
5th February 2007, 16:29
When?

If it was on saturday I wouldn't have watched it because I rarely watch TV on saturday and hadn't read the TV guide.

Ah. I see. It was on yesterday night.

I will have been in bed then as I was ill. Also, I never pay much attention to late night TV anyway. And I pay less attention to sports, except perhaps the world cup where it is impossible to get away from hereing someone mentioning something football related.

rayzorblue
5th February 2007, 18:45
I used to watch the superbowl many years ago, i was a san francisco 49ers fan when Joe Montana played for them he was awesome he has won more superbowls than any other quarterback, and is considered the best quarterback ever. I actually ended up watching a little of the game but because i dont know much about the players anymore its not the same and i prefer to watch the highlights anyway as the full game takes too long.

Demon Cleaner
5th February 2007, 21:11
i was a san francisco 49ers fan when Joe Montana playedThat's indeed some time ago. I am Packers fan since 1995.