PDA

View Full Version : Humour Big Brother Watches Santa!!!!

Buleste
24th December 2008, 14:55
Just found this story and with America over 10 trillion dollars in debt it's amazing where the tax payers dollars go.

Children wanting to track Santa Claus's global journey on Christmas Eve have a number of options this year.

As always, the North American Aerospace Defense Command (Norad) will be keeping tabs on Santa and children can follow his progress on Google Earth.

In addition, they can send e-mails to the tracking team or even follow Santa on Twitter.

This year marks the 50th anniversary of a tradition that started by accident in Colorado, in the US.

Father Christmas's journey will start at 1100 GMT and children worldwide can track his progress using Google Maps and Google Earth.

He will pass 24 "Santa cams" around the world, providing live video feeds of his progress, which will in turn be put onto Norad's YouTube channel as they happen.

For even more up-to-the-minute progress reports, Santa can be followed on the Twitter microblogging service, on which he is known as @noradsanta.

And lastly, Norad volunteers can answer e-mails about Santa's journey (the address is noradtrackssanta@gmail.com).

Newspaper misprint

Norad's 50-year tradition of tracking Father Christmas goes back to a misprint in a Colorado newspaper advertisement in 1955.

A local child wanting to know Santa's whereabouts dialled the phone number printed, which connected to the Continental Air Defense Command (Conad).

As more mistaken calls came in, the commander on the other end of the phone answered the queries and the tradition continued in 1958 when Conad became Norad.

The effort spread to the internet in 1998 and in 2007 Norad's Santa tracking site saw more than 10m visitors from 212 countries.

Volunteers fielded nearly 95,000 phone calls and 140,000 e-mails.

This year when Santa takes flight from the North Pole, more than 1,000 volunteers will be on hand to help out.

TiredOfLife
24th December 2008, 22:40
Heard about this last year.
Every bugger an his wife sent me links to the site so I could "Track Santa"

Not one of them under thirty years of age either. :rolleyes:

Ghost
26th December 2008, 00:07
I guess the US maintains it readiness to take out the Commie once and for all.

Think about it, he dresses in red, he gives gifts to people, even if they have not worked for it.

Comrade Cringel is the last big communist threat.

TiredOfLife
26th December 2008, 00:23
I guess the US maintains it readiness to take out the Commie once and for all.

Think about it, he dresses in red, he gives gifts to people, even if they have not worked for it.

Comrade Cringel is the last big communist threat.

Compelling logic :D

Harrison
27th December 2008, 22:14
Damn. I didn't know you could track him on google or about the live cams. :(

So I missed Santa flying past this year! Although he did fill my stocking! ;) :lol:

Always next year! ;)