PDA

View Full Version : TV Little Britain

Demon Cleaner
15th December 2008, 15:23
Anyone of the UK guys watching that show? It's currently running on the german comedy central channel, and I've so far watched about 10 episodes. I found that it's just hilarious, great british humour.

Haven't seen them in original though, only in german, and I don't have the possibility to alter the language on that channel. Will give it a try on YouTube.

Buleste
15th December 2008, 15:33
They've stopped making Little Britain now although they are making Little Britain USA which is some of the old characters transported to the US with a few new ones. I'd like to see it in German even though I wouldn't understand it it'd be interesting to hear how they've done the voices.

Harrison
15th December 2008, 15:39
As Buleste said, the program has now finished in the UK. The first two series are definitely the best. They run out of new content after that, although many of the sketches are still really funny.

I didn't find the new Little Britain USA to be that funny and no where near as good as the original series. Many of the new characters and sketches just don't work for me at all.

Demon Cleaner
15th December 2008, 15:42
Matt Lucas is really great in his roles as f.ex. Vicky, Andy or the gay Dafydd.

Harrison
15th December 2008, 15:47
Definitely. Those are his three best characters by far. With Andy being the favourite of many. They even appeared in the background of the Australian soap Neighbours in one episode having a drink in the bar.

Buleste
15th December 2008, 16:11
I'd love to hear how Dafydd sounds in German with a Welsh accent.

Harrison
15th December 2008, 16:16
That would be funny to hear. Sound clip maybe DC?

Demon Cleaner
15th December 2008, 16:20
That would be funny to hear. Sound clip maybe DC?Nope. Watched it on TV, perhaps you'll find a german clip on YouTube, which I doubt though.

I guess I won't understand Dafydd in english/welsh then? Also Vicky, when he/she's talking so fast, I guess with no subtitles I wouldn't surely understand.

Demon Cleaner
16th December 2008, 13:39
Watched some sketches in english, and I can almost perfectly understand Dafydd, but it's quite impossible (for me) when I listen to Vicky, it's hard to follow when she talks fast.

Btw, you can find some stuff in german on YouTube.