PDA

View Full Version : Spam filters

Demon Cleaner
2nd December 2008, 20:41
Does anyone know a good free spam filter, which I can use with Outlook Express?? I'm using Outlook Express at home, because I don't get a lot of mails home, but lately I'm getting at least 50 spam mails every day, which is annoying.

My ISP has some filters I can set, but it doesn't work well, and every mail gets blocked instead.

Or can anyone give me a hint which free mail program I could use instead of Outlook Express?

Harrison
3rd December 2008, 00:01
There are a couple of free spam filters you could try.

http://www.spamfighter.com/

http://www.bullguard.com/why/bullguard-spamfilter.aspx

Both are meant to be pretty good and they both support Outlook Express.

Demon Cleaner
3rd December 2008, 00:22
Ok, thanks, I will try one of them out. Will take a closer look tomorrow.

Demon Cleaner
4th December 2008, 11:41
Have installed Bullguard now, seems to work fine, but its learning process is somehow strange, have to keep an eye on it for the next weeks, then I can make a conclusion.

woody.cool
4th December 2008, 12:05
Or can anyone give me a hint which free mail program I could use instead of Outlook Express?
I'd use Mozilaa Thunderbird. It's a far better mail program than Outlook Express, and has Spam filtering built in and it's free.
Otherwise, you could use Microsoft Outlook (NOT Outlook Express but full Outlook) but Outlook isn't free.

Demon Cleaner
4th December 2008, 12:41
Indeed, perhaps I should completely change and take another mail program. But I never took it into consideration as I don't get a lot of mails home, perhaps 1 or 2 per month. The only thing that is annoying me recently, is the huge spam amount I get.

I already thought to change my email address, as aliases don't work either, they get the same spam.

Harrison
4th December 2008, 13:43
Are you using your classicamiga email address? Or a different one?

The classicamiga email address has advanced server side virus and spam filtering built in, but it can be adjusted by me from the server end if you are still getting lots of spam arriving in your inbox.

Demon Cleaner
4th December 2008, 14:55
Are you using your classicamiga email address? Or a different one?I never used that yet, I'm using the one from my ISP. But as I mentioned before, I'm not getting a lot of mail, but perhaps I should switch or alter my email address completely.

It's just annoying, but I check my mails once per week, then I have about 200, delete them and close the program again. That takes me 5 minutes per week, so it's nothing that dramatical. But still, I'd prefer I'd get no spam at all.