PDA

View Full Version : Wanted pages

Harrison
20th November 2008, 17:15
As new content is added to the classicamiga Wiki, new page references are added to the articles ready for those pages to be written.

For example, if you were writing about emulation you might mentioned ADF in the text, and while typing think that maybe the reader would also like to know what an ADF is. Therefore it would be nice to have a page on the Wiki giving detail of ADFs. So in the text you just add [[ADF]] instead of ADF. This automatically creates a link to a new page called ADF that probably doesn't yet exist.

Every time you add a [[ ]] link within a page's text this is the case. It is a very easy way to cross link articles within the Wiki, and also a great way to generate new holding pages ready for content.

Pages that have been created in this way, but don't yet have any actual content are added to the Wiki's wanted list. Wanted because someone has referenced them as mentioned above so they are required.

To see a list of the pages currently referenced by not yet written/created you can use the link:

http://wiki.classicamiga.com/Special:WantedPages

If you want to help out with the Wiki's content, but currently are unsure what you could do then this Wanted page is a great place to start as it instantly shows you a list of all of te currently needed content for the Wiki.

Do however remember to look at the pages these wanted pages are being called from (links to the pages are included in the list) as it will give you a better idea what the new page should contain.

Note: If you are writing a Wiki page and add some new [[ ]] page references to pages that don't yet exist, but you wish to write them yourself or give some initial detail on what they will include, then please edit them yourself and start them off with maybe just a "coming soon..." text and category link.

Tiago
21st November 2008, 14:52
I add some [[ ]] for words like "a1200" ; "ide interface".
The only one working so far (in a1200 tower project) is the "ROMs" that goes to "roms explained"

If someone create [[ ]] for "A1200" and "IDE interface" i would place some pictures...

Harrison
21st November 2008, 16:30
I will be creating the main structure for those pages next week, then we can all start working on their content. I will let you know once they are started.