PDA

View Full Version : Current next gen sales

Demon Cleaner
18th November 2008, 21:39
Here's an actual list of next gen consoles and their sales.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/classicamiga/ng_sales.png

Sharingan
19th November 2008, 17:25
Those figures look to be a bit outdated. The Wii has, for example, already sold in excess of an estimated 30 million units worldwide. The 360 and PS3 are at around 22.5M and 17M respectively.

The 360 has been in the market for 3 years. The Wii for 2 years. The PS3 is right around the 2 year mark, but was released later in the PAL territories.

Every console out there gets handily destroyed by Nintendo DS sales though ... 85 million already, and rising.

Demon Cleaner
19th November 2008, 21:57
Oh, didn't pay attention, got it from a site that actually sells consoles, thought they'd be up to date.

Harrison
19th November 2008, 22:34
Did you all know that the 360 has outsold the PS3 for the whole of the past couple of months in Japan? This is due to a couple of RPG games on the system being released and everyone rushing to play them. Once these are completed I can see the sales in Japan switching back.

Also did you know that this year the PSP has actually been outselling the DS? So much so that Nintendo got worried and have redesigned the DS and will soon be releasing the updated DSi which will include a built in webcam, allowing you to capture your face and play as yourself against other networked players.

J T
23rd November 2008, 20:55
The PSP still has a looooong way to go to catch up with the total DS sales from figures I've seen bandied about in forums. Obviously it has to be taken with a smidge of caution but anyway. And the 360 has been outselling the PS3 in Japan, but both have been selling poorly recently - I believe the PS2 is outselling them both. By quite a margin too.

Harrison
24th November 2008, 14:23
I also heard that the PS2 was again outselling current next gen systems in Japan. Quite an amazing feat when you think how old the system is getting. Although just look at the amazing back catalogue it has access to. With not just PS2, but also PS1 games available for it.

And I think it will be a long time before any other system catches the total sales of the PS2 which is now over 140 million PS2's sold to date! Even beating the original PSX's sales of 102 million units!

Even the original GB/GBC didn't quite match that, totalling about 119 million units sold, although the NDS is closing in on that figure with 86 million sold to date.

However as I mentioned above, the PSP is outselling the DS in 2008 in Japan going by the monthly sales figures, which is a big turn around compared to the past, and has now sold over 41 million units in total, which while still half the total DS's sold is still an impressive number.