PDA

View Full Version : A1200 T with cd-rom 2 RCA and more!!

Tiago
15th November 2008, 18:40
Hi everyone,
just did:
- create A120T CD-ROM to RCA cable adapter
- fix my floppy eject button
- mount the PCMCIA 90º angle adapter

Photos in www.lobodias.com (look in Amiga + A1200 project, i add more 20 pictures)

Harrison, again any photos you like for the wiki or hardware section, there are good photos there.

loopy
17th November 2008, 22:24
Hey to you Tiago,
Had a look at the photo's.
Interested in the USB to IDE cable this is a good option to transfer files from or to amiga hd I've go in my tower.
I carnt access my DH1 and think it's been deleted or had some sort of fail.
With a cable as yours I may be able to see whats happening through the emulator.
Did those pic's of mine turn up for you and were they any help.
All the best,
loopy.:thumbs:

Harrison
17th November 2008, 22:35
I also have one of those USB to IDE cables and honestly they are a bit unstable. With a 2.5" HD connected to the PC via this cable the HDD is sometimes lost on the PC and cannot be detected, and this happens quite randomly.

Instead now I used an external USB caddy that I purchased on ebay for about £3. This works perfectly with WinUAE and is very stable. Ideal for setting up an Amiga HD via WinUAE.

loopy
17th November 2008, 23:00
OK whats the difference between Tiago's cable and a caddie (Any pic's.)

Harrison
17th November 2008, 23:13
A USB caddy will look similar to this:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/300/a29gj_2_logo.jpg

You put the Amiga HDD inside the caddy, then connect a USB cable to the caddy and the other end to the PC USB power. It's basically an external HDD.

The IDE to USB cable looks like this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41rAxrO1hXL._SS400_.jpg

With this cable you plug the IDE end directly into the IDE HD and the other end into the PC USB port. The HDD sits on the end of the cable outside of any case.

loopy
18th November 2008, 03:06
Thanks Harrison
Will try to track one down but don't think it will be that cheap over here.

Harrison
18th November 2008, 03:22
They normally come from Hong Kong on ebay. I got my USB caddy for £0.99 plus postage.

loopy
19th November 2008, 07:12
Had a bit of a look around and the local shops here seem to want $50. AUD for caddie and cable but apparentaly they need an adapter to change from 3 1/2" HD to - 2 1/2" HD. Also I'll need a seperate power supply as the USB cable doesn't supply juice?. This is a wierd price ' cause for $89.00 AUD can get a USB 160 GB external HD.( not that I can afford that either.)
Looked at the Hong Kong e_Bay under computing and at 11,640 items dont think I'll live long enough to read through it all.:no:
Any way thanks to you Tiago and Harrison for your help. Its all good, can never have enough info.
loopy.

Buleste
19th November 2008, 09:10
Have an ebay search under "USB IDE caddy" and on ebay.uk the price is around AUS$2.00 to AUS$20.00. I found over 800 2.5" caddies. (you don't need a separate power supply for hard disks).

loopy
19th November 2008, 23:10
Hey to you Buleste,
Thanks mate had a look certainly heaps of good stuff there.
loopy.