PDA

View Full Version : Amiga hardware projects

Harrison
11th November 2008, 16:29
Do you know of any Amiga hardware projects that would look great in the Wiki?

These include simple things like custom cables (such as RGB to SCART) and audio conversion, up to much larger projects.

I'm thinking along the lines of projects with Schematics.

I've already added pages for building RGB to Scart and ST to Commodore monitor cables, plus featuring a couple of existing Amiga rebuild projects. But we need to get more into the Wiki to make it really interesting and useful.

Tiago
12th November 2008, 12:01
Well i create a cable to connect the A1200 tower Cd-rom to RCA outputs in a pci plate in back side of tower. ("back side" dont sound good... how do you say it in english?)
i had to convert a pci printer port to a RCA, involves cutting and soldering, i have photos of it, it could be a small project for the wiki

Buleste
12th November 2008, 12:08
Well i create a cable to connect the A1200 tower Cd-rom to RCA outputs in a pci plate in back side of tower. ("back side" dont sound good... how do you say it in english?)

Rear of the tower (backside as one word is a polite way of saying arse;).) although back side or just back is perfectly correct.

loopy
13th November 2008, 11:47
Hey to you Tiago
Please send in your photo's of the hack mate.
I'd be interested in looking at them.
Would you also put in a pic or two of your tower as well.
All the best,
loopy.

Tiago
13th November 2008, 13:17
This weekend i will grab the photos and put them available on www.lobodias.com
If you want to see the A1200 tower you acn go there. The page is half Portuguese half English, but you will easy track down the "A1200 tower project"

loopy
13th November 2008, 23:29
Hey to you again Tiago.
The tower looks awsome mate.:thumbs:
I've only seen homebrew hacks into old case what ever we could get.
The infinitiv Tower looks so good and the powered by amiga sets it off.(All most gives me a hard on.):yesyes:
Is the reset button wired?
Also what keyboard you using and how you do this one? (mine a amiga 1000 keyboard) and I got reset button wired.As soon as i can post pic's I'll send some in.
Am interested in your project Tiago looks great, mate.
All the best,
loopy.

Tiago
14th November 2008, 14:24
The keyboard is a simple pc keyboard, i have an adapter (amiga2pc). The reset button is not working yet, i bought a cheap reset chip but it never arrived here is Portugal, but i can do some soldering work to plug the reset cable to the board.
The infinitiv Tower is great, you can set up the Hds from back of of the case, and that is really cool and fast to set up. It has the adapter to use pc power supply.
But the project is not completed, i have to work with the floppy eject button, and mount the PCMCIA 90º angle adapter. :-)

How is your reset button wired? to you solder it to the bourd or do you have a reset fix?

Buleste
28th November 2008, 21:19
Just found a Finnish website with several homebrew amiga projects. Go here (http://www.students.tut.fi/~leinone3/eng.html) to have a look.

loopy
30th November 2008, 00:45
Harrison
I sent some pic's of the internals of my old tower project to Tiago to help him with his tower and he has urged me to submit them for the Wiki.
I not eligable to post attachments yet so can I get you to ask Tiago to send them on to preview and I'll do a piece for you if you want.
There nothing special but may be of interest.
loopy

Harrison
1st December 2008, 12:51
Hi loopy. That sounds great. Tiago has PM's me about your tower project and I think it would be great to add it to the Wiki.

You are welcome to help out with the Wiki if you wish. Just register an account on the Wiki using the same username and I will promote you to Editor so you can then add and edit content. You could then work on your Tower project page yourself if you wish.

Tiago
17th June 2009, 22:33
New update on A1200 tower project
add a new board rev and gayle chip adapter, plus images.

http://wiki.classicamiga.com/Micronik_Infinitiv_A1200_Tower_Case_Project

(Harrison, as always, feel free to correct the english)