Demon Cleaner
3rd November 2008, 12:12
Rise of the Robots :lol:

Submeg
3rd November 2008, 12:12
Aaahhhh.....pass.

Demon Cleaner
3rd November 2008, 12:19
Try Syndicate Wars or Theme Park, or do you look after PC only releases?

Submeg
3rd November 2008, 12:23
Im trying 2 stick 2 PC stuff atm, or ports 2 pc for really cool old school stuff

Buleste
3rd November 2008, 12:27
A good forgotten Origin RPG is Knights of Legend.

Demon Cleaner
3rd November 2008, 12:30
Did you try Jagged Alliance 2?? That must be one of my all time favorites game for the PC, along with X-Com:Apocalypse.

Submeg
3rd November 2008, 12:35
Did you try Jagged Alliance 2?? That must be one of my all time favorites game for the PC, along with X-Com:Apocalypse.

Never played that, but X-Com kicks ass!

Demon Cleaner
3rd November 2008, 12:37
Jagged Alliance 2 is a great game, but a bit tough. It's the same like the X-Com series, a strategical turn based combat game, awesome. And it's very time consuming.

Submeg
3rd November 2008, 12:38
Jagged Alliance 2 is a great game, but a bit tough. It's the same like the X-Com series, a strategical turn based combat game, awesome. And it's very time consuming.

Something I have none of

Demon Cleaner
3rd November 2008, 12:41

Something I have none ofMost of us don't. It's not a game you finish in 10 hours!

Submeg
3rd November 2008, 12:44
hmm true. Well I am playing Duke atm, then on2 sim city!

Ghost
30th November 2008, 01:22
Well I would say, get Deus Ex.

I have been replaying this game again the last week and wanted to open a topic for it before I saw this one.
It is definitely one of the better games even if the graphics are a bit older now, a lot of freedom of how to decide to go through a level and an excellent storyline.

Unfortunate the sequel is sort of opposite, it is perhaps good for one run through but I don't think you will come back to it.
I have been playing the game again and it really feels like a task and not something I enjoy playing.

In case the graphics of Deus Ex 1 are really an issue for you, wait for the HDTP pack that is under development.

In case other people like me would like to enjoy Deus Ex 1 again but have a somewhat different experience, people are working on a mod called Revision.
The storyline is the same but the levels now have a different lay out.

Harrison
1st December 2008, 12:07
Deus Ex is a brilliant FPS RPG and one of the best games ever released on the PC. I agree regarding the sequel too. It is great playing it through the first time, but I don't think I would play the whole thing through again.

It is odd how some games can be played again and again, whereas others cannot. And it isn't because some are linear and others more open. For Example, one of my favourite games of all time is Return to Castle Wolfenstein. It has a linear story, the levels are the same every time... etc but I can keep playing it and still enjoy it every time. Just great design I think.