PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Diablo III

Sharingan
1st November 2008, 23:16
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7965/diablo3tsheaderkleinersv9.gif

So, the third installment of the Diablo franchise has been announced for a while now.

Anyone interested in it? I've played the original Diablo on the PSX with my brother, and I remember absolutely loving it (the save file took a whole memory card, though!). The dark atmosphere, creepy music and co-op gameplay was superb.

Diablo II, I played for a while. The single-player, offline mode was moderately fun, but in the end, a bit bland. The online experience was slightly better, but hugely repetitive. Played one character to about level 70, then stopped altogether. Didn't buy the expansion pack either.

Diablo III looks mildly interesting. Although I must say I don't care for the (in my opinion) too cartoony visuals (it simply looks TOO bright and 'happy' for a Diablo game), I think it has potential if they can manage to throw in some fresh ideas. My brother has expressed interest in giving this a try (even though he skipped part II altogether), so I might pick it up as well.

Harrison
3rd November 2008, 08:59
I really enjoyed the first two games. Although they do quickly get repetitive. But that is always a danger of any hack and slash style game. I will still be trying out Diablo 3.

Never quite been sure why some obsess over Diablo quite as much as they do though. Some seem to really take to it and live and breath Diablo.

Submeg
3rd November 2008, 11:36
Hmm, so what's going to be in this game I wonder? I like diablo, but my ex and I used to play it so Im worried it will be a trip down memory lane...

Buleste
3rd November 2008, 11:43
Hmm, so what's going to be in this game I wonder? I like diablo, but my ex and I used to play it so Im worried it will be a trip down memory lane...
All you have to do is when you think you're going down memory lane you then imagine that everything you kill is your ex. Not only do you get a bit of closure but you also get some great new memories. Just don;t scream "DIE BITCH, DIE!!!!!" too loudly.;)

Submeg
3rd November 2008, 11:45
Thing is, I don't hate her, so it's a bit weird. We haven't spoken since so, might be a little weird.

Demon Cleaner
3rd November 2008, 13:46
I don't like hack'n slay games that much, gets me bored after 1 hour. The game I really liked was Silver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_(game)), it has a cartoony look, which I liked a lot, and the gameplay is a bit different than Diablo, I think more RPG.

Harrison
3rd November 2008, 14:10
I really enjoyed Silver on the Dreamcast. Was a good game.

Demon Cleaner
3rd November 2008, 14:55
I played it on PC, but did not manage to beat the endboss, if I remember right, it was a big devil.