PDA

View Full Version : screen shots

loopy
26th October 2008, 13:50
would anyone know if i can get screen shots on winuae 0.8.22 or 0.8.25.?
Anyone here still using these emulators.?
All the best,
loopy

Graham Humphrey
26th October 2008, 15:26
Can I ask why you're still using such old versions, out of interest?

Stephen Coates
26th October 2008, 17:47
I think I have 0.8.something. I seem to remember only being able to do Screenshots in Windowed mode, and not full screen. Not sure why. I never really needed to take may screenshots in WinUAE.

loopy
27th October 2008, 07:15
Hey to you Graham,
Well i got those early emulators 2002-2004 ? i quess, i have some adf,s and stopped using them and just didn't get the urge to look back at the amiga sceen till about 3 months ago.
They are working great and i'm happy to use them.Honestly didnt realise there are later versions available.
Unless the are really as easy to use as the ones i have then i'll stay with mine.
loopy by nature as well
All the best
loopy

Demon Cleaner
27th October 2008, 08:02
It's always best to use a newer version than yours, as they are more stable and run most of your adf files. Below you can download the latest version, which is 1.5.2

WinUAE 1.5.2 final (installer) (http://www.winuae.net/files/InstallWinUAE1520.exe)
WinUAE 1.5.2 final (archive) (http://www.winuae.net/files/WinUAE1520.zip)

Harrison
27th October 2008, 23:45
Definitely get the latest version, from the links DC has given above. It's free after all so why not try them. They are easier to use that the current ones you have. Newer version have a quick start page where you can just pick the model of Amiga to emulate, select the ADF, and click start. not much easier than that!

And taking screenshots with newer versions of WinUAE involves pressing "End + Print Scrn", or you can manually edit the keyboard map in WinUAE to add print screen to any keyboard (or joystick) button of your choice.

loopy
1st November 2008, 12:07
Thanks for your reply demon,
It seems as though WinUAE 1.5.2 doesn't like windows millenium edition as i've tried to load it and windoze M.E. has put its hands up.
All the best
loopy

Harrison
3rd November 2008, 08:17
Ah. Me might not be supported any more and could be a problem. Officially Windows 2000, XP and Vista are only supported now. However recent versions should run. Try versions around or just below the 1.0 release and see if it works.

Also make sure you have the latest version of your graphics card drivers and directx version that Me supports.

Submeg
3rd November 2008, 11:41
ah. Me might not be supported any more and could be a problem. Officially windows 2000, xp and vista are only supported now. However recent versions should run. Try versions around or just below the 1.0 release and see if it works.

Also make sure you have the latest version of your graphics card drivers and directx version that me supports.

uggggg m.e. Worst. Thing. Ever.

Buleste
3rd November 2008, 11:47
ah. Me might not be supported any more and could be a problem. Officially windows 2000, xp and vista are only supported now. However recent versions should run. Try versions around or just below the 1.0 release and see if it works.

Also make sure you have the latest version of your graphics card drivers and directx version that me supports.

I wouldn't say that about y.o.u.;)

Submeg
3rd November 2008, 11:48

I wouldn't say that about y.o.u.;)

:tumbleweed: Oh hi Buleste!

Harrison
3rd November 2008, 14:30
:lol: When I typed "Me" I instantly thought it was ripe for exploitation. Time to roll out all the old "Me" jokes!

Ritty
28th March 2009, 01:06
I presently have a pc and I am curious about emulation if AF is the CD to use what or how does it start working, what is the first step after loading the CD ?

Demon Cleaner
28th March 2009, 02:44
It's already late now and I'm just pointing you at a guide how to use emulation which can be found at our main site here (http://www.classicamiga.com/component/option,com_kb/page,articles/articleid,3/Itemid,130/).

And by AF I guess you mean ADF which means Amiga Disk File and is exactly what it means, don't think I have to explain much more :)

There also games on CD, but most stuff, and older stuff, is mainly stored on disks, and you can load ADF files directly with WinUAE (Amiga emulator).

And you need the kickstart ROM files, but that is explained in the guides on our main site.

You can download the latest version of WinUAE here in the forum at the emulation section, or from the WinUAE site www.winuae.net

And btw, welcome to Classicamiga :thumbs:

Buleste
28th March 2009, 10:11
@ Demon Cleaner
I think by AF Ritty means Amiga Forever so he already has the ROMs etc and everything installed.

@Ritty
I'll be honest and don't know what Amiga Forever is like I use Winuae. I take it you've installed everything and started it with no problems? Hopefully the guide DC has pointed you to should help if not post another message with the problems you are having and someone will be able to help you.

Most of all welcome to the madness;).

Harrison
30th March 2009, 13:40
Amiga Forever uses WinUAE as it's emulator. It is a slightly older version compared to the standalone version.

If you are booting the Amiga Forever disc in your PC then you will be booting into a version of Linux that is running from the CD itself and this uses a custom setup Workbench running on the Linux version of the Amiga emulator UAE.

If however you load Windows and then access the Amiga Forever CD, then it will be running WinUAE and will be using a set of the Amiga kickstart roms licensed legally on the Amiga Forever disc.

Amiga Forever comes with a few games already included on the CD, and it has a program launcher to load directly into games without having to load the emulator and then load the games and set the emulator up.

However I would recommend you try downloading the latest version of winuae, as mentioned by Demon Cleaner above. Then use the Amiga kickstart files from the Amiga Forever CD with WinUAE. And you can download games and other software for the emulator from our main site, and many more from loads of other sites, but have a look at planetemu.net first for a huge collection to get hold of most you might be after.