PDA

View Full Version : Lemonade+WinUAE Joystick Settings

AlexJ
29th January 2007, 16:24
Using the Lemonade/WinUAE application, I can't get my custom Joystick controls to save. Everytime I change the game, the Joystick layout resets to the default configuration (compatibility mode) and my custom layout (Configuration #1) has reset.

Can anyone give any suggestions on how to make it remember my custom layout, and make it use the custom layout as it's default setting.

Demon Cleaner
29th January 2007, 16:36
The same happens to me, haven't looked in WinUAE to fix this. But I guess you have to change every single config you have. Don't know if there are default settings for input.

Harrison
29th January 2007, 16:52
I think I remember Lemonade uses a set of default configurations for the main Amiga models. You would therefore need to load each of these up in WinUAE, configure the joystick settings, and then save them.

AlexJ
29th January 2007, 17:37
Right think I'm 1/2 way there, opening each of the 4 files in %Program Files%/Lemonade/Configurations and changing the line input.config=0 to input.config=1 has stopped it defaulting to compatibility mode. Now just need to get it to remember which operations i've assigned to each button now... Actually I think I can see how this is done now.
------------------------------------
Edit:

Got it to work :) I created a new config file in WinUAE with the controls set right, then opened it in notepad and copied the following to the bottom of the 4 files in Lemonade's Configurations folder (A500.dat, A600.dat etc.) and it works. Despite the Lemonade files having a .dat extention and WinUAE's config a .uae extention, they're the same type of file it would appear from looking at the contents.

input.1.joystick.0.disabled=0
input.1.joystick.0.axis.0=JOY2_HORIZ.0
input.1.joystick.0.axis.1=JOY2_VERT.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.2=JOY2_FIRE_BUTTON.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.3=JOY2_2ND_BUTTON.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.4=SPC_STATERESTORE.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.5=SPC_STATESAVE.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.6=SPC_SCREENSHOT.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.8=JOY1_FIRE_BUTTON.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.9=KEY_P.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.10=SPC_WARP.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.11=SPC_PAUSE.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.12=JOY2_UP.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.13=JOY2_RIGHT.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.14=JOY2_DOWN.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.15=JOY2_LEFT.0

Cheers guys for suggesting the config files.

Demon Cleaner
29th January 2007, 18:07
Thanks for the post too, I will edit mine too.

Harrison
30th January 2007, 10:57
Maybe we should suggest to LemonAmiga that adding the ability to easily change the settings in the default configs would be a nice feature to add to the next version.

BTW, you don't have to manually edit the config files. Just change them to .uae files, open them in WinUAE, edit the settings, save them, then change the name back.

Demon Cleaner
30th January 2007, 12:05
Editing with copy paste will work faster I think, but good to know it also works that way ;)

AlexJ
30th January 2007, 13:16
Maybe we should suggest to LemonAmiga that adding the ability to easily change the settings in the default configs would be a nice feature to add to the next version.

Yep - after all the number one selling point they say is it should be easy to use.

BTW, you don't have to manually edit the config files. Just change them to .uae files, open them in WinUAE, edit the settings, save them, then change the name back.

Yeah, thought of that but from experience with these kind of things it's won't just change what you want it to, it'll end up messing up something else - at least I can see exactly what's being changed using the text editor method.

Harrison
30th January 2007, 13:58
That is very true of a lot of files, and is a very good point. Although I doubt there is too much that WinUAE could do to alter the files, it probably is best to directly edit the files via notepad than to rely on WinUAE getting it right.