PDA

View Full Version : Free Amiga Game.....

Buleste
16th October 2008, 16:46
Just found out about this but in September last year Star Fighter: D'Yammen's Reign is being given away free. All you have to do is goto this (http://www.drewfx.com/Star/star.htm) site and download the game and patches.

Harrison
17th October 2008, 13:30
Nice one, thanks.

Do you know what the system requirements are?

Buleste
17th October 2008, 13:42
2MB Chip RAM and a CD Drive. In theory it can be run on a 500 but i doubt it. So far I've not been able to get it to run on WinUAE and I've got to install the patches on my 1200 so I don't know if it'll work.

Buleste
18th October 2008, 15:52
WARNING!!!!!! Trying to get this thing to work under WinUAE can seriously screw up your system disk so I've just found out. And I've still not gotten it to run yet.

Graham Humphrey
18th October 2008, 17:45
Once upon a time I had a problem getting it to run too - here's (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=33178) how I solved it though. No idea if it's related to your problem but it may help.

Buleste
19th October 2008, 10:59
Unfortunately that's the solution to the PD release. The full version brings a whole heap of new problems. Because it needs 2MB Chip RAM (and I mean needs) when you double click on the icon it starts a reboot as the programme then uses a RAD disk to boot with. If you click on the wrong start icon (The latest patch gives you 4) it screws up your setpatch and can in WinUAE screw up your entire system disk. This game may be free but it comes at a cost.

Harrison
20th October 2008, 13:32
When you say it messes up the system disk, do you mean the emulated Amiga system disk? And not the Windows system disk?

Buleste
20th October 2008, 15:39
Yes sorry the emulated systems disk. If it killed Windoze then that would be fun:evil:.

Harrison
20th October 2008, 15:44
Indeed. Would be an interesting alternative virus of sorts.

The advantage of testing it in emulation is that you can clone the system/boot partition/hdf and keep testing it on a copy until it does work.

Buleste
20th October 2008, 15:47
I will do now. unfortunately I didn't have a backup at the time and had to reinstall everything and then find all my keyfiles etc.... It was very annoying.