PDA

View Full Version : Xeno 360 Full

Demon Cleaner
28th January 2007, 20:07
New modchip for the 360. Compatible with all available console drives on the market. All Hitachi 46 - 78 and all Samsung MS25 and MS28. The chip needs only 5 wires together with Hitachi drives. And as it seems, it is very stable.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/classicamiga/xeno360.jpg

Harrison
29th January 2007, 15:41
Do you have any links to its features?

Demon Cleaner
29th January 2007, 16:15
Nope, not yet.

Harrison
29th January 2007, 16:59
I'm definitely interested considering the very small number of true mod chips that have appeared to date on the 360. Only thing is, what does the 360 offer that is unique and cannot be played on the PC? :unsure:

Demon Cleaner
29th January 2007, 18:11
Lost Planet? I don't really know. As Microsoft is less RPG oriented, I have not seen any game that suits me, or that makes me go WOW. I thought Enchanted Arms would be a great RPG, but it only got average reviews, and seems not to be top notch.

As for any RTS and FPS, if I'm gonna play one, I prefer playing it with my mouse and keyboard on a desk, rather than with a gamepad.

Harrison
30th January 2007, 10:14
Exactly the same for me. As hardware I've been interested in the Xbox 360 since its launch, but I've not seen any game that has really interested me enough to want to own the system. Gears of War looks really good but is just another FPS. And Lost Planet does look technically impressive, but I'm betting it gets a port to PC and maybe PS3 eventually.

There are a few other titles that look interesting such as Earth Defense Force 2017 for example, but as you mentioned, playing an RTS is much better on a PC using a keyboard and mouse.

For me the 360's games feel very much targeted directly at the teenage US market and no one else. Games with twitch reaction gameplay, fast paced with graphically impressive visuals, but no real substance beyond satisfying the short attention span.

Puni/Void
30th January 2007, 10:31
Harrison wrote:

Exactly the same for me. As hardware I've been interested in the Xbox 360 since its launch, but I've not seen any game that has really interested me enough to want to own the system.

The same goes for me. I was quite interested to begin with, but there hasn't been any releases yet that has tempted me to buy the system. If I were to go for a console right now, I would go for the new Nintendo. At least its software is a bit different from what we have on our PC's.

Demon Cleaner
30th January 2007, 12:13
At least its software is a bit different from what we have on our PC's.A bit different yes, but this doesn't mean it's actually better. Let's give Sony a chance to prove us, that perhaps they did well with the PS3.

Harrison
30th January 2007, 12:31
Yes, people are already panning Sony and saying they have lost this generation and announcing the PS3 to dead, even before it's even released in Europe! Personally I am looking forward to the PS3 as it should attract the same developers as the PS2 and is different enough from the Wii that the gaming catalogues of these two machines should not cross paths that often and could easily warrant the purchase of both platforms.

I don't see how the Xbox 360 is going to survive outside of the US once the PS3 production gets fully up to speed and it's cost drops, and once the second generation of its games start to appear, as it is always the case that the second generation of titles is when developers start to really get to grips with the power of the hardware.

Wii is selling well, but I suspect a lot of the sales are novelty value. Every Wii game, except for Zelda, has so far been very thin on content and purely a way to show off the new control system, not really offering any long term appeal to play the games beyond multiplayer party events. When you are at home alone most Wii games will not have any appeal and for many it is going to end up being like a board game. Rolled out at Christmas and Birthdays to entertain the visitors.

Demon Cleaner
30th January 2007, 12:52
Rolled out at Christmas and Birthdays to entertain the visitors.That's exactly what will happen imo, as it was for eye toy and Co.