PDA

View Full Version : Fund raising

Harrison
9th October 2008, 00:46
Hi everyone. It's that time of year again.

The classicamiga forum server is due for renewal in November. The renewal price is roughly £100 for two years. Therefore I need to ask if everyone can help out by donating towards this cost. It doesn't matter how much as every little will help go towards paying for the server to be renewed.

Thank you, and I hope you can help. :)

Tiago
9th October 2008, 12:19
Done.
15 Pounds transfer thru paypal tiagolobodias@gmail.com account

keep up the good work mate!

Harrison
9th October 2008, 12:30
Thanks Tiago. Much appreciated. :thumbs:

Puni/Void
9th October 2008, 17:17
Hi everyone. It's that time of year again.

The classicamiga forum server is due for renewal in November. The renewal price is roughly £100 for two years. Therefore I need to ask if everyone can help out by donating towards this cost. It doesn't matter how much as every little will help go towards paying for the server to be renewed.

Thank you, and I hope you can help. :)

A donation will be on its way pretty soon. :)

Buleste
9th October 2008, 18:37
I'll try to get a donation to you soon.

v85rawdeal
9th October 2008, 18:57
As will I. After all, without this place I wouldn't have a life...

Hold on, isn't that a double-misnomer???

J T
10th October 2008, 10:06
After payday I'll send some money over too :)

Teho
10th October 2008, 13:36
Will send something late next week. Would do it now, but I've got a big expense coming early next week and need to know exactly how high that is first.

Harrison
10th October 2008, 14:31
Thanks everyone. :)

Sharingan
10th October 2008, 15:36
I'll see what I can do :thumbs:

StuKeith
10th October 2008, 17:47
IF £10 is ok ill send it over next week or so when paid!

Puni/Void
10th October 2008, 17:51
20£ has been donated. :) Keep up the good work!

Harrison
10th October 2008, 17:57
20£ has been donated. :) Keep up the good work!

Thank you :thumbs:

IF £10 is ok ill send it over next week or so when paid!

That would be great. Thanks :)

BTW, if we have some money over from the donations after paying for the server I will put it towards paying the renewal price for the next year's worth of vBulletin updates ($40 per year).

Loftus
17th October 2008, 21:49
have sent a little something. not much but hope it helps! :)

Harrison
17th October 2008, 22:09
@Teho and Loftus

Thank you both for the donations. Much appreciated.

We are now over half way to the target needed to pay for the server. Once I receive everyone else's donations I should have enough to pay for it. :)

Demon Cleaner
20th October 2008, 15:10
As usual you get my monthly donation. How long am I already doing this? Almost 2 years I think?

Harrison
20th October 2008, 15:54
@DC. The monthly donations from yourself and Teho really do help a lot towards the monthly running costs of the main site server. :thumbs:

As for the forum server, it only needs to be paid every two years and so the costs for the forum running costs are much lower than the main site, and separate to it. Plus now we have a owned license for the forum software the cost is lower than it used to be. At the moment the forum is costing $166.80 for the next two years hosting costs, plus $40 for each year's additional forum software updates. So the total cost is going to be $246.80, which converts to about £100. Not too bad for the next two years costs. :)

TiredOfLife
21st October 2008, 12:18
Get paid a week on Friday, will send something on the Saturday after.
(Will be out Friday :D:guinness:)

Harrison
21st October 2008, 12:28
Cheers TiredOfLife :thumbs:

Harrison
6th November 2008, 03:56
I have to pay the server hosting costs at the end of next week, so if anyone is still due to send some donations towards these costs can you please try to send them before next Friday 14th.

Thank you again to everyone who has donated. It will help out greatly towards the renewal costs. :thumbs:

Buleste
6th November 2008, 08:51
Thanks for reminding me to donate. I'd have forgotten otherwise. £10.00 in the account from me.

Harrison
6th November 2008, 10:52
Thank you :thumbs:

TiredOfLife
13th November 2008, 22:50
Donated but had no money in the Paypal account so it's going to be an echeque.
Sorry about that.

Harrison
14th November 2008, 00:05
That's great. I got the echeque email alert. Not a problem. All donations are very helpful and I now nearly have the full amount to cover the complete forum server cost for the next two years, plus the cost of vBulletin updates for the next year. Great stuff. :D

Thanks everyone :thumbs:

Tiago
1st July 2009, 12:37
More 5 pounds to CA

demusse
1st July 2009, 22:29
how do i contribute?

Harrison
1st July 2009, 22:32
From the main classicamiga.com homepage there is a donate button on the right hand side of the page. Or you can donate directly via Paypal to my email address dave@classicamiga.com Both methods use that account.

And thanks for the donation Tiago. :thumbs:

demusse
2nd July 2009, 00:50
a fiver comming your way !

Harrison
2nd July 2009, 02:09
Thank you. Every little helps with our running costs. :)

Harrison
22nd October 2009, 14:15
Fund raiding time again.

vBulletin 4 is about to be launched. With version 4 they are changing their licensing structure. At the moment with out current vB license we hold an owned license which means we are allowed to host and run a vBulletin site forever without needing to pay any more money. However each 12 months you have to pay an additional smalll fee, currently about £30, to receive a further 12 months worth of updates to vB.

Now though there will be no 12 monthly fees to continue receiving updates. Instead it will be a one-time payment for vB4.x to receive all updates within the 4.x lifetime of the produce, which is great.

However for existing vB customers this means that the licenses need to be upgraded to a full vB4 license. This is going to be quite an expensive upgrade cost of about $250 for the new license. However until 30th October the vBulletin team are offering a special promotional upgrade price of just $130 (£85) for us to upgrade the classicamiga license to the new vB4 Publishing Suite.

The publishing suite adds a full CMS (content management system) and community blogs to the forum software. The CMS is looking especially powerful and could be very useful for classicamiga. It works on an article system very similar to Joomla, and it would be great to move some of the current stuff out of the main Joomla site, and into this new CMS. Things like news could work better, as could articles and tutorials.

The great thing about the CMS is that anyone posting a normal forum thread can have it promoted into a CMS article, therefore made into a full webpage. And dedicated forum threads can be created and linked to specific articles in the CMS, so members can discuss an article in the forum. Much nicer than just having comments under articles.

I might even think the CMS could be a better direction instead of the current Wiki as it would allow more people to work on its content easier. However, that is something to look at once we get our hands on vB3 Publishing suite.

So now to the fund raising bit. If any of you can help me out towards the cost of this vB license upgrade to vB4 Publishing Suite which will cost a total of £85 that would be great.

We only have until the 30th October, so just over a week, to take up this offer, otherwise te cost will go up to $250 which is quite a bit more.

All donations to help with this would be greatly received.

And in upgrading the site to vB4 I have many ideas to get the activity on the site increasing again and making it much more active.

Teho
22nd October 2009, 15:34
Sent £20. It's for a good cause, right? ;)

Harrison
22nd October 2009, 15:48
Thanks mate. :thumbs:

I will probably upgrade the license this weekend so we don't miss out on it.

If any of you are interested in seeing what the new vB4 will be like, have a look at the main http://www.vbulletin.com website. They have added a features list, plus some screenshots showing how the CMS and new forums will work. It all looks very polished and nice to use. I can't wait to get my hands on the final product when it is released.

Demon Cleaner
22nd October 2009, 15:49
That looks indeed very nice.

Tiago
22nd October 2009, 22:15
15 Pounds in your paypal account.
Keep up the good work
:)

Harrison
22nd October 2009, 23:03
Thanks mate. Much appreciated. :)

Puni/Void
23rd October 2009, 16:31
Looks very interesting and promising, Harrison. Donated £10 a couple of minutes ago, so the cash should be with you soon. :thumbs:

Harrison
23rd October 2009, 16:51
Great stuff. Thank you. :)

Harrison
28th October 2009, 02:26
Thanks everyone for donating. We have managed to so far raise £45 towards the £85 total. Leaving £40 to raise by this Friday to upgrade before the offer expires.

If anyone else can help donate towards the total it would be great. :)

burns flipper
28th October 2009, 11:02
Fiver from me, from the sale of my A1200.

Harrison
28th October 2009, 11:20
That's great. Thanks mate.

Tiago
3rd March 2010, 15:16
More 5 Pounds,
next month i will do it again :-) keep up the good work mate!

Harrison
3rd March 2010, 15:16
Thank you. :thumbs:

Tiago
19th June 2010, 12:47
More 10 pounds.

Keep up the good work!

Submeg
5th February 2011, 20:15
Just sent through 20 Pounds, seeing as I haven't gotten around to it! Hopefully it will help when upgrading in the near future :)

Harrison
5th February 2011, 20:17
Thanks mate. Very much appeciated. :thumbs:

Tiago
3rd October 2012, 08:02
Just send 5 pounds.
Can't give more, Portugal as you know is in deep shxx... :blink:
Keep up the good work

Harrison
3rd October 2012, 11:05
Thank you. Every little helps.

I hope the recession isn't hitting you too bad personally. Isn't good anywhere at the moment.

Tiago
3rd October 2012, 12:19
i lost +/- 1600 euros per year, direct downgrade in salary :mad:, but everything is expensive, so i have less money with less power to buy anything.
Today government will announce new measures... again...:no: someday they will not have anything else to cut, so probably they will cut us an arm, or a leg... :blink:

Harrison
3rd October 2012, 13:28
Sorry to hear you had to take a pay cut. Not good.