PDA

View Full Version : PS2, Final Fantasy X...

Submeg
28th January 2007, 04:54
I'm currently in the process of FINISHING this game, and I mean totally. So currently I'm trying to win the Chocobo race...gah! Does anyone know of an easy way to do this? My best time so far is 9.4!

Demon Cleaner
28th January 2007, 15:06
Check out some guides at Gamefaqs, they surely have a faq for it.

Submeg
28th January 2007, 20:16
Its ok, I had the guide, it really is pure luck, it all depends on where the balloons turn up on the course, it took me three hours to finish....and the race is only 40 secs long....very frustrating!

Demon Cleaner
28th January 2007, 20:24
What I find most frustrating, is the fact, that most "mini" games you have to go through for getting everyone's ultimate weapons, are way too hard. I did never escape 200 lightning bolts. This just drove me mad, and at the end, to get the weapons I didn't get through playing those silly "mini" games, I added them through a cheat device.

Submeg
28th January 2007, 20:31
Really? The lightning bolt one, although frustrating, you can do simply. You have to keep telling yourself, only press on a flash of light. It worked for me...my hands were shaking at 150 though

Submeg
28th January 2007, 23:29
Was that a pain in the ass...I just did the butterfly catching! It took me three hours without the map and then I realised I should find one. I found one at a forum and was directed here (http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/1280295/FFX/Butterfly.jpg) Even with the map it took me another two hours....I thought the bottom one was for the Sigil, but it turned out to be a return sphere...it was actually the next screen which had the Sigil! I was so angry! But now all is good....I have them and the game is saved. Finally........

Demon Cleaner
29th January 2007, 00:25
Lucky boy. I gave also up the butterfly catching. I think for Wakka's weapon, you'll have to win 500 blitzball matches, good luck :thumbs:

Submeg
29th January 2007, 04:46
what the Sigil or the weapon? I already have the weapon...

Demon Cleaner
29th January 2007, 11:34
what the Sigil or the weapon?Don't know anymore, it's been almost 2 years I completed it. I thought you needed the Sigil to get the weapon? Anyway, I just found the mini games silly and exaggerated. I preferred Triple Triad.

Harrison
29th January 2007, 13:25
I gave up on many of the mini games too. Just too much hard work for minimal gain. The only point is really to know you have completed 100% of the game.

And I agree with that, Triple Triad is definitely one of the best games an FF games has had so far. I'm still waiting for the new version of the vB Triple Triad game is updated then hopefully we will have it to play on here. :)

Demon Cleaner
29th January 2007, 15:09
@Harrison: Did you play the card game in Xenosaga 1 (or was it 2?)? I didn't as I wanted to continue with the story, as it's a trilogy. But I still have a savegame of the end of all 3 episodes, so if I have nothing else to do (which I don't consider), I will play the card game.

J T
29th January 2007, 16:08
I didn't bother with any of the celestial weapons stuff in FFX. I couldn't be bothered with the chore-like quests, and that game had already taken up a lot of my time (as much as I enjoyed it).

Submeg
29th January 2007, 21:29
I guess the only reason I am doing it is that this is the first FF game that I have really gotten hooked on, so want to finish it. What is Triple Triad? which FF was it from?

Demon Cleaner
29th January 2007, 23:52
Triple Triad was the card game introduced in FF8 on the PSX.

Cards (http://www.ffspirit.net/finalfantasy8/tripletriad/level1)
Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minigames_of_Final_Fantasy)
Rules (http://www.ffhybrid.net/pages/ff8-tripletriadrules.php)

Submeg
30th January 2007, 04:25
Oh the one where you had to earn their cards by having better cards and all that? I remember that! That was addictive! That would be an awesome arcade game!

Harrison
30th January 2007, 10:51
There is a version of Triple Triad available that works with this forum, but it's now quite out of date and was written for a much older version of the forum software. I am therefore waiting for the author to update it to work properly with the current version of vB, and then it will be coming to the forum for us all to play and start collecting the cards. :)

Submeg
30th January 2007, 21:16
Sweet.......