PDA

View Full Version : Wii twilight hack

Harrison
25th September 2008, 13:27
Has anyone tried this hack on their Wii yet?

It is installed via SD memory card as a save game file for the game Twilight Princess and once installed you can then run vc games from sd card, so you no longer have to buy them! :)

sleepw@lk over at the oldskooluk forums also told me that this hack also adds an extra channel to the wii menu called the homebrew channel which allows you to use wad installers and install emulators. So that is quite cool.

Hopefully in the future the developers of thos hack can expand it to include the ability to run backup discs.

Demon Cleaner
25th September 2008, 14:03
What is a Wii?? :lol:

Buleste
25th September 2008, 14:05
What you do in a urinal.

Harrison
25th September 2008, 14:30
Oh dear. And there was me thinking these old jokes were long dead and buried!

Buleste
25th September 2008, 16:07
I've always liked Necromancy.

Sharingan
25th September 2008, 16:19
Do YOU play with your wii??!

Buleste
25th September 2008, 16:25
I play with women's Wii.

burns flipper
25th September 2008, 19:12
My wife wants a wii for Christmas.

Buleste
25th September 2008, 19:30
My wife wants a wii for Christmas.

Surely her bladder will burst before then!!;)

burns flipper
25th September 2008, 20:53
I was thinking about the name of the word when the cymbal clashes after a joke, and I realised it was 'rimshot'.

I don't really want to write a sentence with 'my wife' and 'rimshot' in.

Buleste
25th September 2008, 21:11
I was thinking about the name of the word when the cymbal clashes after a joke, and I realised it was 'rimshot'.

I don't really want to write a sentence with 'my wife' and 'rimshot' in.

What you get up to in your own time is your business. Besides you're married. If you can include the words 'my wife' and 'rimshot' in the same sentence then probably happily married.;)

StuKeith
17th November 2008, 21:45
has anyone got this working yet? ive got the HB and backup chanel installed but still cant get it to work! :mad:

Harrison
17th November 2008, 23:32
Yes, those with Wii's have managed to get it working perfectly with nearly all backup games tested. Also the latest version of the hack fixes the early problems with stuttering video sequences and slow loading times.

Latest version can be downloaded from here (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=module&module=blogs&mid=136843&page=0).

If you tried downloading and burning some Wii game ISOs before and they didn't work, it was probably because they were not patched. They no longer need to be patched with this new version, which is good.

There is also a lot of FAQs covered in that download page to answer most questions.

The backup launcher also won't work with the latest official Wii firmware, and if you have this on the Wii then it needs to be downgraded first before it will work.

StuKeith
18th November 2008, 16:12
Got the one you said, that works great! Been playing COD5 on it! :lol: