PDA

View Full Version : Most logical adventure games

Tiago
23rd September 2008, 12:35
This post goes after the Simon the sorcerer 4 where Harrison gives the example of the first puzzle: putting a glass of milk in the wordrobe to pass to the other world.
I prefer logical games where you have to think and not try to click and test everything.

so what adventure games do you think are the most logical ones (amiga/PC/all)

Fo me, i find these very logical games:

- 7th ghest
- 11th hour

(both were excellent, puzzles were great, and you had to think were you would click, the graphics were all 3d at the time created i think in 3DStudio (DOS) and when you pass the mouse pointer it didn't show the name of the object and you did not know if there was interection with that object or not, so you could not click in everything because you didnt know witch parts of the screen would interect. Brilliant i think. You had to use your head.

for me those were the 2 best adventure games ever, if you can called them adventure.... it should be puzzle/adventure maybe

Harrison
23rd September 2008, 12:46
For me the Broken Sword games contained some of the most logical puzzles. Each area presented situations that were more life like than many other point and click adventures, and often the solutions to puzzles were very logical and you could work them out just by examining the scene and seeing what was going on. And often they contained amusing elements such as blocking a chimney so the guard would come out coughing.

Teho
23rd September 2008, 14:48
I'd say Universe was fairly logical. I remember there was some trial and error here and there but also that the solution made sense even if I had to stumble onto it sometimes.

The more recent Safecracker games are very logical as they're puzzle games in the same vein as 7th Guest, only in a far lighter atmosphere. I recommend those by the way if you like this type of game.

Buleste
23rd September 2008, 15:07
The most illogical adventure game of all time is Life!!!! created by God, screwed up by everyone around you.;)

v85rawdeal
27th September 2008, 11:08
I would have to suggest Shadow Of Memories as being highly logical. The sequence of events that you need to do to prevent yourself from dying are wonderfully put together, especially as it has to be completed by travelling through different time zones.

Harrison
29th September 2008, 13:25
I bought Shadow of Memories when it came out on the PS2, but never finished it. I think at the time so many games were being released that were worth getting that I bought most of them and many got played for a bit, then shelved for later. I really must go back and play them when I can. But first I must finish developing my latest creation in Spore... Too many games!

Buleste
29th September 2008, 13:29
But first I must finish developing my latest creation in Spore... Too many games!

Hark at Victor Frankenstein. You can almost see the lightening and hear the crackles of electricity whilst he rubs his hands together shouting "It's Alive!!!!!" (The number of exclamation marks in his voice just prove how mad he is). Probably changed his wife's name to Igor as well.:p

Harrison
29th September 2008, 13:41
NO! I'm reserving that for our first creatio... I mean child! ;)