PDA

View Full Version : Best/Worst of the Web

TiredOfLife
19th December 2006, 18:45
Thought the show me something cool thread was sound.
How about we start that off again but also point out some of the worst, most pointless sites as well?

J T
19th December 2006, 19:49
I'm hoping that will be one of the ones that we can port over entirely? If not I'll start it up again.

Good suggestion:thumbs:

TiredOfLife
24th December 2006, 09:38
Excellent, will hang for a bit and see how you get on with that.

Submeg
23rd January 2007, 00:49
Lol, I was just shown this thread by my gf....

***TO ANYONE WHO WORKS WITH THE PUBLIC***
check this thread out....

http://forums.vogue.com.au/showthread.php?t=217053

rayzorblue
23rd January 2007, 11:01
A few of my personal favourites

Shirt folding (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/fold.php)

Hencam (http://www.hencam.co.uk/?hencam)

Black people love us (http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/)

Harrison
23rd January 2007, 13:14
That Hencam is quite mad, and it even won the EarthCam's top 10 cams award. :lol: Quite mad. And the Black people love us letters page is quite amusing considering how obviously satirical the site is.

As for the shirt folding, that is just cool. I have to try and fold a shirt like that later just to see if it works!

Demon Cleaner
23rd January 2007, 13:19
I saw that folding one on TV already, works pretty good (by looking, not doing ;)). Do you really mean that the black community one is satirical? You know that there are many crazy Americans out there. The photos where they laugh, seem very simulated though :D

Harrison
23rd January 2007, 13:26
To me it looks like a bunch of people decided to make the site as a piss take to see what responses they would get. And we all know the majority of Americans don't understand true humour, so when they come across the site they all go off on there high and mighty Christian brain washed soap boxes about how racist the site is.

rayzorblue
23rd January 2007, 16:19
That Hencam is quite mad, and it even won the EarthCam's top 10 cams award. :lol: Quite mad.

Are u kidding :lol: it is a quality cam but the subject matter leaves alot to be desired

Harrison
23rd January 2007, 16:47
He is a mad one from the same site as the shirt folding. [/URL][URL="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/eggsong.php"]IloveEgg (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/eggsong.php)

TiredOfLife
27th January 2007, 11:35
@ Rayzoradeadman

Your a disgrace mate, I watched this in good faith.
Next time, put a warning on your posting.

Something along the lines of -
NSFM Not Safe For Men.

You may want to leave the room and ask your good lady wife/girlfriend to view this posting.

@ Moderators

Come on, keep an eye on this sort of thing.

:thumbsdown2:

http://www.moron.com/story.cfm?lid=7370&name=Dude-Gets-Busted-With-BlowUp-Doll

Teho
27th January 2007, 11:51
On behalf of the moderating team I would like to apologise for having exposed content to you that have upset your male chauvinistic standards. While we do strive to make classicamiga a community that suits everyone, it is possible that if you do possess strange quirks such as a stone-age mentality concerning genders you may come across content every now and then that you find unsettling. We hope you can look away from these items when they do show up, and rather enjoy some of the other content that classicamiga has to offer which may be more suitable to you.

We hope this hasn't detracted significantly from your Classicamiga experience.

Thank you.

;)

rayzorblue
28th January 2007, 02:56
@ Rayzoradeadman

Your a disgrace mate, I watched this in good faith.
Next time, put a warning on your posting.

Something along the lines of -
NSFM Not Safe For Men.

You may want to leave the room and ask your good lady wife/girlfriend to view this posting.

wtf :nono: :lol:

TiredOfLife
28th January 2007, 10:50
@ Teho

I accept your most graicious apology.
Can't say i'm as impressed with your fancy lah de dah ideas though.
"Stone age", i'll stick to grubbing in the mud with my bare hands, thank you very much.

Submeg
28th January 2007, 21:12
Lol :lol: Mmmm, mud pies

TiredOfLife
28th January 2007, 21:51
@ Submeg

Just noticed the new tagline under the Stewie one.
Any ideas where I could get that on a t shirt?
Need some new clobber for work.

Submeg
28th January 2007, 22:07
I was told that by one of the people that works with my gf. You usually can get them printed at lots of places.

TiredOfLife
28th January 2007, 22:21
We have a list of jobs and what time scale people can expect them to be dealt with.
The quickest jobs can expect a response within 3 working days.
That doesn't mean it will be completed in 3 days.
Some jobs can be up to 15 working days.
Every Monday morning, some git will phone me (They are not supposed to that) and ask why a job hasn't been completed.
You can guarantee that the Job wasn't sent before half three on a Friday.
And when I just laugh, they ask me why.

Submeg
28th January 2007, 22:59
You should have it printed, or better yet, carved in your door

TiredOfLife
28th January 2007, 23:53
I know where I would like to carve it.
Problem is, we have strict rules about that sort of thing.
So HR keep telling me anyway.

Submeg
29th January 2007, 00:33
Lol :lol: pfft, rules were meant to be broken. :cool:

rayzorblue
30th January 2007, 23:26
http://minuscule.tv/

Demon Cleaner
31st January 2007, 00:30
:lol: That one is great, poor spider :lol:

Harrison
31st January 2007, 02:01
That was really good. Very nice site too. Liked the unique Flash navigation.

Poor spider indeed. That ladybird really did have it in for him.

TiredOfLife
31st January 2007, 15:16
Sound.
Very well done.

Demon Cleaner
7th February 2007, 08:16
Amazing resemblance:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/classicamiga/pope.jpg

Harrison
7th February 2007, 13:10
That is scary and something I have suspected for some time! The dark side is controlling religion and the non church goers are the true believers of the light side of the force!

Demon Cleaner
7th February 2007, 14:23
The dark side is controlling religionThat's so true. Religion is something for sissies anyway.

Submeg
7th February 2007, 14:32
Apocalypse or not, it will all end one day.

Teho
7th February 2007, 15:22
"Some people say that when the universe ends it will only be replaced by something even more fantastic and incomprehensible.

Others say that this has allready happened."

One of my favourite Douglas Adams quotes.

Harrison
7th February 2007, 17:15
That is a great Hitch Hikers quote for sure. :) I love those books. Have read them all through 3 or 4 times so far, and when I finish them I'm always tempted to start them again. Great stuff and such a shame he is no longer with us.

TiredOfLife
8th February 2007, 00:04
Hmm, I hope that isn't the emperor moving away from the darkside.

Demon Cleaner
8th February 2007, 09:07
Hmm, I hope that isn't the emperor moving away from the darkside.Hope it's the opposite, Satan tattooing a cross on the pope's front.

rayzorblue
8th February 2007, 14:08
In the hope of getting away from the frankly offensive religious minefield you are standing in, here is a glimpse of the future, and it aint pretty.

clickclickclick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP2ChYZqh-s)

Harrison
8th February 2007, 14:39
That robot is quite amazing, whilst at the same time very disturbing. Its legs have an all too organic movement to them for my liking and it does freak you out a bit for sure.

Quite cool how it's reactions work out how to keep to upright when it gets kicked sideways. Definitely some advanced logic going on inside for sure.

The end of the video also shows how far they have advanced it as it shows it hooked up to a lot of control wires. Whereas the other, assumingly later version is self sustaining on what sounds like a petrol engine.

The future of Mech warfare suddenly looks closer. Either that or the pope will soon be taking delivery of his first AT-AT! ;) (sorry rayzorblue, couldn't resist).

Demon Cleaner
8th February 2007, 14:58
Amazing how it managed to walk over the stones too. But I'm no robot/machine freak.

Submeg
25th February 2007, 02:39
I had a brainwave....why just the best/worst of the web?

Introducing Submeg's....

Sites that should exist!

* www.whyidontloveyou.com - For those times you can't tell a girl/guy why they suck to their face
* www.wtf.com - for things that just dont make sense {this site exists!}
* www.lookoutshesabitch.com - a warning for others who may encounter them in the real world
* www.dumbpeopleclickhere.com - Get all the idiots to one place to wipe them out of existance and save our precious resources
* www.emailspamhomeaddress.com - Learn where the inventors of this sh1t live
* www.whinge.com - when you just feel like venting {this site exists!}

These and many more available soon on your local ISP!

v85rawdeal
25th February 2007, 04:35
That robot is quite amazing, whilst at the same time very disturbing. Its legs have an all too organic movement to them for my liking and it does freak you out a bit for sure.

Quite cool how it's reactions work out how to keep to upright when it gets kicked sideways. Definitely some advanced logic going on inside for sure.

The end of the video also shows how far they have advanced it as it shows it hooked up to a lot of control wires. Whereas the other, assumingly later version is self sustaining on what sounds like a petrol engine.

The future of Mech warfare suddenly looks closer. Either that or the pope will soon be taking delivery of his first AT-AT! ;) (sorry rayzorblue, couldn't resist).

Potentially a great piece of hardware with some extremely useful possibilities. Certainly great potential for areas where natural disasters have taken place (carrying supplies, stretchers, camera & heat sensing systems).

Also great idea for those of you with babies and toddlers as a buggy that walks itself.

rayzorblue
25th February 2007, 18:52
* www.lookoutshesabitch.com - a warning for others who may encounter them in the real world

:lol:

Now that is a site I could contribute to.

Ok its six minutes long and not funny but interesting if u aint seen it

clickyclickyclickclick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWTLA8WecI)

Harrison
26th February 2007, 15:06
I was quite surprised more of those URLs were not registered, especially the first one. www.wtf.com does already exist though. You should check it out.

Submeg
24th March 2007, 09:33
Been checking out www.addictinggames.com a couple things you should check out..

Falling sands...quite cool (http://www.addictinggames.com/hellofsandfallinggame.html)
weird, but addictive all the same (http://www.addictinggames.com/bonelessgirl.html)

Demon Cleaner
26th March 2007, 21:45
The falling sands are nice.

Demon Cleaner
5th April 2007, 06:16
Happy easter:

http://www.rebelvirals.com/13875298.html

TiredOfLife
25th May 2007, 14:04
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2031397547

AlexJ
25th May 2007, 18:39
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2031397547

Ha, that's great. Surely there'd be enough time between the final and the tour to do the livery after you were sure it'd be needed.

Submeg
25th May 2007, 22:16
Sorry, please explain? :huh2:

TiredOfLife
26th May 2007, 09:37
Look at the date, look at the amount of times they claimed to have won it.

Submeg
26th May 2007, 11:41
Dude....Australia? :huh2:

TiredOfLife
27th May 2007, 07:54
Don't give me that, you have footy over there.
We have got one of your best players, Tim Cahill.
Anyway, that bus was to tour the city to show off the Champions League trophy.
Problem was, Liverpool never actually won it.

Submeg
27th May 2007, 08:15
Ok, now I get it. Dude, I dont ever get to see any regular coverage of any soccer league anywhere.It sucks ass. I hate AFL, it is the worst sport...but they insist on it being on almost every channel...

Teho
27th May 2007, 09:17
Much like the way it is with football here then. I never cared particularily for football, but didn't use to hate it either. But someone somewhere has decided that this sport is 'popular', so you get football shoved down your throat everywhere you turn. You can't watch TV, listen to the radio, read the newspaper or anything without getting the latest results, the latest transfers which cost this and that many millions, which teams are on the verge of being relegated and oh, what a tragedy that will be for them, such an upstanding and honorable team, boohoo. And let's not forget all the reports about the latest bruised knees and the interviews with everyone and their kid sisters telling how it is oh so important that he recovers soon and there is interviews and it is such a tragedy for the player, the team, the coach, the teammates, his family, his pet dog, his eight-digit account balance and the prime minister who's favourite team the sod happens to belong to.

*inhales*

Football to me is like that annoying friend who doesn't realise that visiting for eight hours five days a week is overdoing it a bit.

It's just the wild mass coverage that irks me. As if it wasn't enough of it allready, during cups and such several stations announce they'll be sending only football all day/weekend or somesuch, and they announce it as if it was great news! You know, if they used some of that time and resources to cover other sports too it wouldn't perhaps be so bad. It's not that they don't cover others, but the coverage others get is not even miniscule in comparison.

So I've come not to like football much.

Submeg
27th May 2007, 16:49
Ditto.

Just swap all instances of football

with AFL.

v85rawdeal
27th May 2007, 19:01
Just imagine the uproar if pr0n was rammed down our throats 8 hours a day...

And I can imagine that pr0n is far more popular that football will ever be...

Demon Cleaner
27th May 2007, 20:15
Problem was, Liverpool never actually won it.And who won it in 2005?

Teho
27th May 2007, 20:20
Just imagine the uproar if pr0n was rammed down our throats 8 hours a day...

And I can imagine that pr0n is far more popular that football will ever be...

Well I guess if we had great-looking women showing their tits all over all day long I guess I would tire of... No.. no, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't actually. :)

Harrison
30th May 2007, 02:19
I have to agree with you all regarding Football coverage. I don't hate the game as a sport, but I don't have any interest in Football myself, but it is the only sport will mass coverage that is rammed down your throat if you like it or not.

And people who are Football fans seem to find it hard to understand why you wouldn't also be as interested in it as they are when they try to start a conversation about Football and you tell them you don't follow it.

I think this is one reason it is covered so much, because a large proportion of the working classes, in the UK at least, are fanatical about it as it is one of the only things outside of their mundane lives they they can feel a part of. For the rest of us we just have to grim and bare it.

I have always wished some other sports were covered in much more detail. Many of the motor sports around the world are not covered much in the UK at all. Nascar and Indycar are hard to find coverage for in the UK, as are others motorsports such as the Aus V8 series. Or Tennis, although it is covered for some of the bigger championships most of the events around the world are not covered that well.

Submeg
30th May 2007, 07:52
I have always wished some other sports were covered in much more detail. Many of the motor sports around the world are not covered much in the UK at all. Nascar and Indycar are hard to find coverage for in the UK, as are others motorsports such as the Aus V8 series.

Yea go V8 series! So good!! :)

TiredOfLife
30th May 2007, 07:54
Do you mind?
Slagging off footy.
Some of us here are upset.
Got to wait over two months for the season to start again.

AlexJ
30th May 2007, 09:27
I have always wished some other sports were covered in much more detail. Many of the motor sports around the world are not covered much in the UK at all. Nascar and Indycar are hard to find coverage for in the UK, as are others motorsports such as the Aus V8 series. Or Tennis, although it is covered for some of the bigger championships most of the events around the world are not covered that well.

Coverage is generally pretty good if you know where to look, Champcar is usually shown live on Eurosport, AusV8 & DTM on Motors. NASCAR is live on NASN which is part of the Setanta Sports package so costs extra.

Demon Cleaner
30th May 2007, 10:04
I'm always waiting for the NFL to start in september. Unfortunately we have no channels that shows the NFL besides Premiere. And Premiere worked fine on my Dreambox for 6 month, and since 2 weeks it doesn't anymore. They now changed keys again, and also decryption, they go with Entavio now.

Harrison
30th May 2007, 10:08
While true, you couldn't call most of that coverage mainstream TV.

The biggest thing I get annoyed about is when the main TV channels cancel normal programming to show Football. Why? This was tolerated when most people in the OK only had the standard 5 terrestrial channels, but in this day and age when we have access to hundreds of channels via satellite and cable we shouldn't still be having the main channels cancelling programming to show it. Stick it on the Sports channels where it belongs!

Harrison
30th May 2007, 10:10
I'm always waiting for the NFL to start in september. Unfortunately we have no channels that shows the NFL besides Premiere. And Premiere worked fine on my Dreambox for 6 month, and since 2 weeks it doesn't anymore. They now changed keys again, and also decryption, they go with Entavio now.

So you haven't actually been paying to watch subscription channels on your Dreambox then?

AlexJ
30th May 2007, 10:30
While true, you couldn't call most of that coverage mainstream TV.

No but they aren't exactly mainstream motorsport either. We've got F1 live (although the presentation by ITV is getting worse each race), BTCC partially live, MotoGP live, and some crappy WRC highlights which ITV are obviously taking from some generic package rather than producing their own coverage.

Harrison
30th May 2007, 11:12
The WRC coverage is definitely quite bad. And I totally agree regarding the F1 coverage. It is getting worse with each race/year, although outside of Europe they do have to take the live feeds directly from the local network who are filming it so they are at the mercy of the local producer. The biggest thing that bugs me is when they cut off the drivers talking half way through. Some races we have only see the winner speak and then they have cut away before we can hear the second and third place drivers speak. Very annoying.

Demon Cleaner
30th May 2007, 11:15
So you haven't actually been paying to watch subscription channels on your Dreambox then?Nah. You think a true p2p and torrent user would pay for watching TV? I get my keys off the net, and install my Softcams to run them, why else do I have a Dreambox for ;)

AlexJ
30th May 2007, 11:29
The WRC coverage is definitely quite bad. And I totally agree regarding the F1 coverage. It is getting worse with each race/year, although outside of Europe they do have to take the live feeds directly from the local network who are filming it so they are at the mercy of the local producer. The biggest thing that bugs me is when they cut off the drivers talking half way through. Some races we have only see the winner speak and then they have cut away before we can hear the second and third place drivers speak. Very annoying.

They have always taken the local network's pictures except in the UK (even back in the days of the BBC covering it, it's known as the world feed and you can tell when it's being shown by the F1 logo in the corner), but this year for all but three races the local network's have been replaced by FOM who are doing a much better job. But ITV's contributions are pretty poor with the exception of the gridwalk before the race. Hamiltonmania is getting out of hand, and I feel sorry for the other countries that take ITV's commentary and have to put up with it, if many Brits are getting fed up imagine how the Aussies etc. feel about it. Let's have a bit of balance in the coverage. Oh and the interview thing gets on my nerves as well, instead of hearing from the people who actually took part in the race, let's instead hear from someone who used to be in F1 who watched the race on TV, so we get him telling us stuff we saw rather than hearing about the behind-the-scenes developments we didn't.

Demon Cleaner
30th May 2007, 11:36
The biggest thing that bugs me is when they cut off the drivers talking half way through. Some races we have only see the winner speak and then they have cut away before we can hear the second and third place drivers speak. Very annoying.That is also a big plus of Premiere, as it shows the F1 on 8 different channels with different camera angles, statistics, or current race values. Also they show all interviews before and after the race, not that I'm much interested in it.

Better is when they show football, when there's cup or champions league, you can watch the match you want, or just watch the conference where you see all the goals and highlights during the matches.

AlexJ
30th May 2007, 14:52
That is also a big plus of Premiere, as it shows the F1 on 8 different channels with different camera angles, statistics, or current race values. Also they show all interviews before and after the race, not that I'm much interested in it.

Better is when they show football, when there's cup or champions league, you can watch the match you want, or just watch the conference where you see all the goals and highlights during the matches.

Sky do the Champions League multiscreen as part of their sports package. They used to do an F1 multiscreen but it was pay-per-view and at £12 a race wasn't popular enough to remain viable.

Demon Cleaner
30th May 2007, 15:35
SkyI know, I know. But I cannot get Sky here, it's out of range. Isn't Sky 28,2 east?

Harrison
30th May 2007, 15:54
It is somewhere around that angle yes. But you couldn't get it without an official Sky box and viewing card anyway as it is locked into it's own system that other sat systems cannot access or decrypt.

It is very annoying that they stopped the F1 channel as I used to subscribe to that when it was available. Was it really £12 a race? I had no idea it was that expensive. I'm sure I got a special offer or something as I only paid about £50 for the whole year.

Demon Cleaner
30th May 2007, 16:27
50£ for a whole year is a good price. To get Premiere legally, you have to pay 650€ for a year for the whole bundle (about 40 channels), and even then, it's not legal, as it's a German service, and they don't offer it for Luxembourg. There are some small distributors here that give you a decoder and a pre paid card "under the table" and it works fine.

You can only get it when you open an account in Germany and use that for paying your monthly fees. But it's nearly impossible to get an account there, when you don't actually live there.

So as usual, the illegal method is the best, although it doesn't work all the time :dry:

One funny thing, the payable channels, like the cinema or special sports events channels are also free when using it illegally, but you have to pay for it when you have the legal package :lol:

And for the movies, I just d/l my keys daily when there are good films, and I can watch them on the Taquila channels.

AlexJ
30th May 2007, 16:48
It is very annoying that they stopped the F1 channel as I used to subscribe to that when it was available. Was it really £12 a race? I had no idea it was that expensive. I'm sure I got a special offer or something as I only paid about £50 for the whole year.

Possibly there was a season pass or something, can't remember. Only tried it for one race, and realised I spent 90% of the time on the main feed so was paying £12 simply for no adverts (and no James Allen, hang on, that was definitely worth £12!)

Teho
27th June 2007, 19:08
Right. We just had a programming thread, and I just came across this so thought it'd be fitting:

HTML coder with way too much free time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqFOB77jLaE)

Demon Cleaner
27th June 2007, 21:12
Yep, but very impressive.

Harrison
28th June 2007, 10:43
That is quite cool. And here (http://file.luchell.blog.shinobi.jp/a9296648.html) is the original html file for that image.

The source code is definitely not standard but it works. Shame it's using tables. Would be cool to see that as a xhtml file using style sheets. You could then apply different style sheets to instantly change the colours within the image. :)

Demon Cleaner
3rd July 2007, 14:13
Just found this pi in Eggman's forum, read the very funny quote :lol:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/rand_home_pc_2004.jpg

Harrison
3rd July 2007, 15:43
LMAO! :lol:

That is great. One has to wonder what the big wheel is for? :blink: To vent excess steam? :lol:

Who ever invented that "home computer" was definitely into overclocking. Look at all those readouts to monitor your CPU temps.

You really do have to wonder how the minds of scientists work don't you. How many people could even fit such a thing in their house. :lol:

Would be great to try and dig up some more computer predictions from the past.

Demon Cleaner
3rd July 2007, 15:48
Big wheel is perhaps for racing games ;)

Harrison
3rd July 2007, 15:52
Ah, so it is in fact a future retro arcade cabinet! It all suddenly becomes clear. :D

Or maybe they thought sailing simulations would be very popular in the future?

Demon Cleaner
3rd July 2007, 15:55
Or maybe they thought sailing simulations would be very popular in the future?:lol: they got everything wrong then, as sailing simulations aren't very popular.

Harrison
3rd July 2007, 16:00
Do you think the guy in the image is also representative of what they considered we would be wearing in 2004? :lol:

Demon Cleaner
3rd July 2007, 16:13
I don't think that his suit is oldfashioned, I see a lot of people of his age still wearing this kind of suit.

AlexJ
3rd July 2007, 16:22
I've seen that image before somewhere, and hate to disapoint but it was found to be 'shopped.

I think it even got published in a proper science magazine.

EDIT: Here's the original, before getting the photoshop treatment (notice & compare the shadows around the TV, and the stuff in the room to the right):

http://graphics2.snopes.com/inboxer/graphics/rand2.jpg

Demon Cleaner
3rd July 2007, 16:25
Original? A smily?

Submeg
4th July 2007, 00:08
Yea, the tv looks out of place. I've seen that in one of my textbooks! :o

Demon Cleaner
23rd October 2007, 20:04
I just read a post from a guy on a german board which is very funny:

"Windows is cool, I downloaded Linux with it!"

Well well.

TiredOfLife
24th April 2008, 12:40
http://www.retrogeekcomputers.com/HGC_OnlyAmiga.mpg

Buleste
24th April 2008, 13:08
Harrison released a video?

Harrison
24th April 2008, 14:27
Now where did I put that demote staff member button! ;)

Demon Cleaner
24th April 2008, 14:29
Now where did I put that demote staff member button! ;)I hold one in my hands, should I...?

Buleste
24th April 2008, 14:29
Sorry couldn't resist. :lol:

Teho
10th July 2008, 21:19
Found this via a norwegian article: Circuit board cufflinks (http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/product.asp?id=14806&random=856212795&cid=40&subcat=&scid=)

Now who do we know that would want a pair of those? ;)

Buleste
10th July 2008, 21:23
And i thought i was bad with my Star Wars cufflinks.

Zetr0
10th July 2008, 23:20
Them Cufflinks are cool :)

v85rawdeal
10th July 2008, 23:30
If you touch them together, does it make your bow tie spin round?

TiredOfLife
11th July 2008, 15:48
I'll be honest, I like them.

But then I have a circuit board clipboard in work.:hmmm:

Buleste
13th July 2008, 14:50

Thats easy. Take out a MOBO, Drill acouple of holes and attatch the clip thingy. Done.

On a slightly different note. This (http://www.majorracal.com/pdf/) is a web resource page with all sorts of docs on Star Trek but also with some misc deck plans and info on other TV series like Terrahawks, Blakes 7 and BSG (Old series).

For all those who had the Klingon translator library for WB2 there is also the Klingon and Vulcan dictionaries on there.

TiredOfLife
15th July 2008, 14:38

Thats easy. Take out a MOBO, Drill acouple of holes and attatch the clip thingy. Done.

On a slightly different note. This (http://www.majorracal.com/pdf/) is a web resource page with all sorts of docs on Star Trek but also with some misc deck plans and info on other TV series like Terrahawks, Blakes 7 and BSG (Old series).

For all those who had the Klingon translator library for WB2 there is also the Klingon and Vulcan dictionaries on there.

I want to say how sad that is and yet I know I will be bookmarking that site when I get home.:whistle:

Buleste
15th July 2008, 14:57
Notice how the others aren't admitting to it? I know Harrison owned the Klingon Accent. :lol:

Harrison
15th July 2008, 15:15
I admit I found that link really cool and spent some time looking through some of the content. In fact I was looking at it all for so long I noticed the time and had to go to bed so never posted a reply! :lol:

I love Star Trek and there are some great resources there. Never learnt Klingon, although I did used to be able to speak a few phrases! :zipped: I was always more into the ships and history of the show. The history timeline on that site was interesting reading.

Buleste
15th July 2008, 19:46
Found another little curio. Remember Telecomsoft otherwise known as Rainbird,Firebird and Silverbird. Well heres (http://www.birdsanctuary.co.uk/sanct/s_intro.php) a site dedicated to them with some interesting downloads.

Harrison
16th July 2008, 00:40
Nice find. And yes, definitely some interesting and unexpected downloads on there. Definitely not what most clicking the link will think they are likely to find.

v85rawdeal
17th July 2008, 16:02
Is it just me, or does anybody else hear the first few bars of The Blue Danube whenever you see the name Firebird???

Buleste
27th September 2008, 17:45
I've found a site that all pet owners (certainly in the U.K.) should visit and register their pets information. national pet register (http://www.nationalpetregister.org/index.php) allows you to register your pets details for free so that in the unfortunate event that your pet goes missing you can advertise this on line. When you register a pet as missing not only is it placed on line but they also create a poster for you. This (http://www.nationalpetregister.org/mp_poster.php?id=10164) is the poster for one of my cats that has gone missing.

Harrison
29th September 2008, 14:43
Oh dear. I hope you manage to find him safely.

Buleste
2nd October 2008, 15:32
Thanks Harrison. Looks like your kind words helped. He's just turned up safe and well as if nothing happened. He's had a feed and now wants to go out again. Shame hes' not going out for a while.

sarek2k
3rd October 2008, 03:37
Ahhh great memorys Firebird/Rainbird/Silverbird had many of these games from all the labels great nostalgia trip and great site too, not hooked on that purple to black background it just don't go with the site but the rest is great :)

Nice find Buleste along with the return of your moggy all's well that ends well :)

Buleste
3rd October 2008, 09:44
Thanks for the kind words Sarek. He came back because I found a four leafed clover in AC:WW which gave me some supreme luck.;)

Buleste
11th April 2010, 11:42
For some silliness go here. (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Cillit_Bang)

Teho
30th April 2012, 10:11
We need more odd things from the internet so let's revive this thing with this clock (http://files.msurma.net/wykop/1120247/zegarek.php). Just.. the amount of time and effort just to do that. What is it with people? It's really cool of course, but damn.

Harrison
30th April 2012, 13:38
That is mad.. but also slightly addictive to watch. What happens when it gets dark? Does it light up? And do people change shift?

Teho
30th April 2012, 23:58
Just looked at it again and it does indeed get dark there. I thought at first that they would only have fiilmed a number of key segments and then cleverly paste them together to make the whole thing appear seamless but no, it seems this is an actual 24-hour undertaking someone did. Even madder than I thought. And totally awesome. I love crazy things like this.

Demon Cleaner
1st May 2012, 00:59
Can't you fast forward this?

Teho
1st May 2012, 07:16
Don't know. Maybe if you adjust your system clock and reload the page?

Edit: Yep, that works.

Demon Cleaner
1st May 2012, 11:42
Oh yeah, of course, didn't know that this was based on your local time, I thought they just did a complete 24h clock, didn't notice that yesterday, now it's even better :)

Teho
19th July 2012, 20:51
See, here's how to properly play a piano. Or.. maybe not, but it certainly rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VqTwnAuHws

Kin Hell
20th July 2012, 00:36
Sure, impressive to say the least on a Yamaha Grand with Aluminium spine, but.....

I'd like them to do the same on a "Baldwin" upright Piano. - Probably the best piano ever made.

Entertainment value: 10/10.... Sound quality: 5/10 ;)

Teho
13th December 2012, 17:37
And then this thing. You can probably see what this is about from the image preview alone, but see the whole thing. This is priceless. And pretty impressive, considering. :lol:

http://youtu.be/gCgV-FnEcGQ

Demon Cleaner
13th December 2012, 18:40
Cool :thumbs:

Stephen Coates
13th December 2012, 20:55
Cool. Is it definitely real?:p

Tiago
14th December 2012, 12:15
:thumbs:

Harrison
14th December 2012, 12:33
You know, I had no intention of Christmas shopping in Brighton this year, but now the curiosity is getting the better of me. :lol:

Kin Hell
22nd December 2012, 11:49
You know, I had no intention of Christmas shopping in Brighton this year, but now the curiosity is getting the better of me. :lol:

LMAO!! :lol: So you don't know that all the Gay's move to Brighton? :eyebrow:

Be sure you have a six inch plank across ur Jacksy when u go bud. :sly:

Harrison
23rd December 2012, 19:20
Yeah, is the gay capital of the UK but they all tend to hang around one area. Quite an eye opener in the summer though, seeing them mincing along with their miniature poodles, in their leather gear and little caps.

We go to Brighton shopping every couple of months, as its a nice city with a nice sea front and pier. Shame the other pier remains burnt down though.

Kin Hell
24th December 2012, 13:42
Piers are just so costly to maintain & are constantly being eroded by the sea. A real shame that so many are now disappearing. The Brighton Light Display is cleverly done, but just how on earth were they allowed to get away with it? :eyebrow:

Teho
13th October 2013, 11:22
Sometimes customer service isn't the painful experience you expect it to be.

http://i.imgur.com/e0LcT6J.png

Kin Hell
13th October 2013, 11:28
@ Teho

:lol: :lol:

Teho
27th May 2014, 21:02
This is just pure gold:

http://youtu.be/PF7EpEnglgk

Tiago
28th May 2014, 10:04
lol great video !!

Demon Cleaner
28th May 2014, 14:31
Nice :)

Harrison
28th May 2014, 16:09
That is good. Some of their comments and body language is far older than the children.

Also thought the "rotary" phone one was good.

Teho
11th May 2018, 14:36
In some parts of the world, spring floods is a serious problem. In Norway, not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou6hP8JqSnw

Stephen Coates
11th May 2018, 16:59
Cool. That looks fun :).

Kin Hell
11th May 2018, 23:42
@ Teho

WOW @ Global Warming fella! - Great way to stay & look cool in Norway eh! :thumbs::shades:

Gates
27th March 2019, 13:49
That looks hella amazing.