PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard: Good Customer Service

Puni/Void
5th August 2008, 08:19
Recently I was about to install Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos again. It's been a long time since I last played it, so I thought I should give it ago.

During installation, the CD had errors. I tried cleaning it, but to no avail. After a long time of trying, I gave up.

Then I visited Blizzard on the web. I was surprised to see that you can register at their site and download the games directly from them.

So, I registered myself and wrote in the licence keys for Warcraft 3 and the expansion pack. Then I could download them with a click of a button.

- That is what I call customer service. No need to get a new CD or anything, just register your game and download. :)

Now I'll make a backup CD just to be on the safe side.

PS: The game now launches directly from HD, no CD needed at all to play it. :D

Thanks Blizzard! :thumbs:

Harrison
5th August 2008, 08:27
That is very good. Great support definitely makes people more inclined to purchase original copies of games.

Demon Cleaner
5th August 2008, 08:56
Indeed very great support, usually customer services suck.

v85rawdeal
6th August 2008, 08:40
Just goes to show that Blizzard appreciate the people who make them money!

Demon Cleaner
6th August 2008, 08:41
Just goes to show that Blizzard appreciate the people who make them money!And that's exactly the way it should be.

Puni/Void
6th August 2008, 09:47
Which can not be said about some other companies, like EA for example. ;)

Blizzard is stilling running ladders and tournements for Warcraft and Starcraft, even if these games are getting older every day. EA on the other hand have a tendency to "forget" doing anything with their RTS games after a while. I remember this because of Generals and all the problems with the multiplayer feature, along with lack of tournements and ladders.

my_lo
6th August 2008, 10:22
Yeah, their service is great. Another example of it is the Blizzard authenticator. Many people were getting their accounts hacked by gold sellers.
First, Blizzard posted a few threads on the forums about how to secure your computer and avoid hacking, unfortunately, it wasn't enough, new ways to hack are discovered everyday.
So they have released the Blizzard authenticator (http://eu.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=221003132). Each time you wanna log into wow, you have to enter a randomly generated code. It won't stop hacking but it'll surely decrease the amount of hacked accounts.
Many MMOS know the same problem but Blizzard is the only one that really did something to make their customers feel more secure...