PDA

View Full Version : Elite IV on it's way (eventually)!!!

Buleste
1st August 2008, 10:57
Just found this (http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives/2008/07/30/elite_4_is_coming_but_youll_have_to_wait.html) news article about everyones favourite game series.

Zetr0
1st August 2008, 11:34
@Buleste

Man... when Merlin sees's this he is gonna have organisms :)

Buleste
1st August 2008, 11:39
@Buleste

Man... when Merlin sees's this he is gonna have organisms :)

Tell him to use yogurt on that or at least go to the clinic.;)

Demon Cleaner
1st August 2008, 11:58
I still wait for a next generation space shooter for consoles, maybe this could be the one.

Merlin
1st August 2008, 13:08
*drool*

*wibble*

:thumbs::thumbs::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::thumbs::thumbs:

In the meantime, I am Teh r0xx0rZ at Oolite, I am sharpening the old fighter skills...

;)

Tiago
1st August 2008, 15:29
huuuuuuu, that should be a great game.

what about "Elite 3 First Encounters" Is it similar to Frontier?
By the pictures i saw, graphics look better, but what about the rest? Sound, gameplay...?

Harrison
1st August 2008, 16:12
First Encounters plays in exactly the same way as Frontier. It has nicer PC graphics (although so does the PC version of Frontier) and a few new additions, but it wasn't really all that different. You can still play it via a virtual machine or DOSBox. Worthwhile if you'e never tried it.

As for Elite 4! :thumbs: I can't wait! :)

Bloodwych
1st August 2008, 19:49
Yeah, I played First Encounters until the end. It has bugs and would have benefited from more polishing, but I quite enjoyed the concept of the papers running varied missions and adding background info.

As for Elite 4, they've been harping on about waiting for consoles/computers to be powerful enough to run their revolutionary universe. I really hope it's something special, but I think all we'll continue to get are paper releases and stalling for some good time yet.

Harrison
1st August 2008, 23:57
I also think this. They have been saying another Elite is in development for a long time. In the last interview with David Braben I read a while back he said its development had begun, but it was put on hold until the technology caught up that could realise the game's universe.

Lets hope the PC and PS3 are now at that level.

Teho
2nd August 2008, 00:01
I did hear a while ago that he believed he'd make it for the current generation. Glad to hear that this definitely seems to be the case. :)

Merlin
2nd August 2008, 11:49
Have any of you others actually played Oolite? It's like original Elite on steroids, in proper 3D and there are loads of add-ons to take the game anywhere you want, it even has it's own Wiki.

Buleste
2nd August 2008, 12:50
I'd never heard of it before but after visiting here (http://oolite.org/) I'm definitley going to give it a try.

Agram
27th September 2009, 14:10
As it's the 25th Anniversary of Elite I was looking for Frontier First Encounters, and found this instead. It's long over due.

On another forum I found mention of Evochron Legends (http://starwraith3dgames.home.att.net/evochronlegends/screenshots.htm) demo that is meant to be a good comparison to Elite, but with newer graphics.