PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Game music

Harrison
31st July 2008, 16:56
What are some of your all time favourite Amiga game music mods?

One of mine is the Super Cars 2 in game music. That never gets old.

woody.cool
31st July 2008, 17:23
If we're talking Amiga, than I like the main theme tune to Body Blows Galactic and the theme tune to Lotus Turbo 2 mostly.

Bloodwych
31st July 2008, 17:47
Oh, I have so many!

Powermonger opening theme
HeroQuest
Battle Squadron
Beech Volley
Superfrog
Toobin
Turrican series
Super Cars series
Pinball Dreams series...... I could go on for ages!!!!!

woody.cool
31st July 2008, 17:51
OMG! I forgot about Pinball Dreams. I recorded the music on to MiniDisc for listenig to, because it's so great!

Teho
31st July 2008, 18:02
Yes, definitely Pinball Dreams. Also Shadow of The Beast, all of them. And anything Allister Brimble did ended up being of high quality, including Superfrog, Indy Heat, Overdrive, Assassin and many more. What little music Hired Guns had was extremely good I thought, and I liked the ocuple of songs in Dune. And of course the Turrican games, Turrican 2 standing out among them.

That's off the top of my head, I know there's a lot more. :)

Sharingan
31st July 2008, 18:38
The main theme from Speedball II still is a favourite of mine.

Most of the music in Dune is great, too.

As is the Turrican 3 end credits theme

Other game music I liked: All Shadow of the Beast themes, Xenon II intro theme, Pinball Dreams, most Turrican music, most Monkey Island music, Utopia and Wing Commander.

Demon Cleaner
31st July 2008, 19:52
Speedball II and Xenon II are indeed very good mods. I also like the mod of Dreamweb, it has a Carpenter'esque sound, which is great. I still have a small sample from the last audio quiz, click here (http://dc.classicamiga.com/root/classicamiga/quiz%20audio/quiz510.mp3) to listen to it. It reminds me of the movie Escape from New York.

AlexJ
31st July 2008, 20:08
A lot of good music in Monkey Island and DI's Pinball series, but if I had to pick one track it would probably be the Lotus II theme.

woody.cool
31st July 2008, 20:10
Lotus II theme.

A firm favourite of mine!

Graham Humphrey
31st July 2008, 20:52
Agony's title music is a favourite of mine.

Tiago
31st July 2008, 21:45
Captain Blood music from "Jean Michele Jarre" is 5*****

Zetr0
31st July 2008, 23:40
Hmmm so many SID classics! ...

tell you what we can get back to them, but before that, Game Music I have been impressed by.

Quake 1 CD background music... atmosphere to poop too!!!
UFO on the PSX, this si fantastic!... when I am playing the Amiga Version I have the PSX UFO CD playing in the background!!!

DOOM music CD was awesome as was AVP music CD :D.... ahhh great atmospheric tracks AND ZERO processing time! clearly a winner!

hmm i shall ponder more of this...

Harrison
1st August 2008, 00:06
I should have specified favourite Amiga music. Sorry about that. Has been amended in the first post now.

My idea was to collect together the favourite tunes of everyone and release it as a mod pack.

Buleste
1st August 2008, 09:02
STS and BASS music. Purely because they set the tone for the games.

loopy
25th October 2008, 08:00
OK OK so the thread has'nt had a responce since 1-8-08 but i have to just say i love the muzak in Hard'n'Heavy its ok. Also magic pockets , dragon tiles.
I have a mod here thats 7 & 3/4 mins long called welcomewagon its really good any one heard it. Will send it on if anyone wants to pm me.
Most of my amiga mods i ripped with action replay 3 on the a500.
Stuff like the intro to lemmings.
I also have a Chrismas medely amiga x-mas is also really catchy.
I will share with all but not shore whats a go go or a no no.
Shore i'll be told
All the best loopy

Demon Cleaner
27th October 2008, 08:26
I have a mod here thats 7 & 3/4 mins long called welcomewagon its really good any one heard it. Will send it on if anyone wants to pm me.
Just attach it in a post.

Cortona
31st October 2008, 19:51
Xenon II - Megablast had damn good music by Bomb the Bass.

I guess you're all aware of http://www.amigaremix.com/

I also found some good Last Ninja remixes here (http://lastninja.lemon64.com/), particularly those by Kristofer Ulfves.

loopy
1st November 2008, 12:16
Hey to you Demon
Will add the clip as soon as i'm allowed to post.It will be MP3.

TiredOfLife
27th November 2008, 00:01
Agony title screen was a favourite of mine as well.