PDA

View Full Version : Amiga Power collection

burns flipper
31st July 2008, 07:53
Having spent a few years collecting all the Amiga Powers back in 2002-2004, I now have a complete collection sat in a box in the loft. I don't expect I will look at them or need them anymore, so I'm thinking of selling them.

Where would be the best place and how much would they go for? I have issues 0-69 (or whatever the last one was), some of the subscribers letters, and there's very few coverdisks (although some of the last ones have the disks still sellotaped in their cellophane to the front cover, never touched - such as a full version of Brian Lara's Cricket).

Harrison
31st July 2008, 09:59
Sadly Amiga magazines are not really worth all that much value wise (but they are still worth a lot as objects to Amiga fans). You could try selling them on ebay but you will probably end up getting more for the postage than the magazines!

A good alternative would be Amibay, but again I doubt there would be great interest.

Another alternative could be to donate them to classicamiga if you don't manage to sell them. ;)

Buleste
31st July 2008, 10:15
A friend of mine collects retro mags and the most he'd ever pay for 1 mag would be £1.00 and that would only be if it was ultra rare. If you did them as a bulk lot on ebay you might get between £10.00 and £20.00 for the lot and i'd look on parcels2go for the postage as they're pretty cheap.

burns flipper
31st July 2008, 21:36
That's disappointing - 5 years ago a complete collection would go for £250-£300 on eBay.

J T
1st August 2008, 11:50
I've still got my Amiga Power collection in the loft at mum's. There are a few notable holes, though.

I may be tempted by this...... Are you willing to break the collection up or are you looking at getting rid of them all in one go?

burns flipper
1st August 2008, 13:47
All in one go.

Thanks for the heads-up about parcel2go, never see anything like that before! They collect and deliver it for very little cost.

Buleste
1st August 2008, 13:51
I was put on to them by someone buying stuff of me on ebay and £8.00 P&P by courier looks a helluva lot better than £2,000,000 P&P with royal mail.

J T
1st August 2008, 14:38
I kind of want to complete my collection but not desperately as I doubt I'll ever read them again.

What were you hopnig to get for them? I don't want to make a cheeky offer but then again I don't really want to pay much at all.

Not meaning to sound awkward.

StuKeith
9th August 2008, 11:24
I got my complete collection of 500 amiga mags and 200 ps2 mags from ebay for £2 the lot! :p

It prob cost me £20 in fuel mind to collect them lol!

burns flipper
22nd August 2008, 09:53
Sadly Amiga magazines are not really worth all that much value wise (but they are still worth a lot as objects to Amiga fans). You could try selling them on ebay but you will probably end up getting more for the postage than the magazines!

A good alternative would be Amibay, but again I doubt there would be great interest.

Another alternative could be to donate them to classicamiga if you don't manage to sell them. ;)I looked on Amibay & eBay and there's nothing on there - is there no interest or do I have a rare bargain?

If I were to donate, I'd want to ensure that they got scanned as you want them to and not put to the bottom of a pile somewhere. There's a complete Amiga Power collection (69 magazines), and about 50 The One's and 50 CU Amiga's, and then some miscellaneous.

Guess I should have done this before you got married, now she'll expect you to spend all your time with her instead of doing what you used to do before you were married :dry:

Harrison
22nd August 2008, 10:12
:lol: That is true. Definitely won't be so much time after we are married. But fear not, I will still find the time to work on the site and content, as well as playing some games. ;)

We both like some time to our selves so we won't be doing everything together all day every day. I don't think it works if you do that.

Buleste
22nd August 2008, 11:03
http://onmypaper.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/ball-n-chain-guy_rubberball.jpg
An artists impression of Harrison trying to do what he wants.;)

stevecole
13th February 2009, 07:19
Hello. Old thread, I know, but if your collection is still available I'd be interested...

burns flipper
23rd November 2009, 14:43
Got the collection out again this weekend. It's all in one box with a jiffy bag full of coverdisks too. Some of the magazines still have the coverdisk sellotaped to the cover! And a lot of the later ones i.e. 42+ are in pristine condition, not even a fold!

Has anyone seen a complete collection go on Amibay or elsewhere recently? I'm thinking of selling them, but if they're not worth much there's no point. I started loading the photo's I took onto the computer and started reading one of the reviews. Now I'm not sure if I should sell them at all :lol:

Harrison
23rd November 2009, 16:26
That is the bad thing. It happens to me too. You dig out all the old magazines with the intention of getting rid of them, but then start or read them and the memories come flooding back and nostalgia takes over.

J T
24th November 2009, 13:47
Yeah, magazines aren't cheap, and when you think about what you have splashed out on them over the years. Then you think about selling them and find some of the pages are stuck together and you wonder who would buy them, so maybe end up dumping them in a hedge somewher.... wait... yes, ahem, computer magazines.

Sorry, I was thinking of something else altogether.

Harrison
24th November 2009, 15:16
We've missed such informative posts from you recently JT. ;) :lol:

burns flipper
7th December 2009, 10:34
I've decided to sell them but will do so after Christmas; I figured people will be spending on other people this month.

burns flipper
30th January 2010, 19:30
My complete Amiga Power collection is now available on eBay!! (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300391584389)

burns flipper
18th March 2010, 13:41
For anyone interested, I sold the collection for £211. And I found issue 0 in my garage last week so that will be on eBay soon too.

Harrison
18th March 2010, 14:08
Wow! That is the first time I've seen an Amiga magazines actually sell for any form of money in recent years. That was some luck finding people willing to bid for that collection.

Good work. :thumbs:

burns flipper
19th March 2010, 15:33
Luck? It was AMIGA POWER. The magazine of champions!

Harrison
19th March 2010, 16:18
:lol: Never liked it much myself... in fact, I only purchased about 3 issues over the years...

Phantom
19th March 2010, 16:29
Amiga Power was only for games, I have only issue 2 and 52 in my collection. I was stuck with Amiga Format mostly.

J T
19th March 2010, 18:44
Luck? It was AMIGA POWER. The magazine of champions!

Hell yeah. AP was a great mag, a really good read even for those that maybe weren't really all that bothered about the Amiga.

Even got a mention on Stuart Campbell's forum (http://s2.zetaboards.com/worldofstuart/topic/5079228/1/)