PDA

View Full Version : AmigaSys 3 Aga in real A1200 ok, but no mem

Tiago
26th July 2008, 20:10
I just installed thru winuae the Amiga Sys 3 Aga on a 3.5 Hd then set it up on real A1200, it works, but i dont have extra mem, so he gives a lot of out of memory messages.

But it worked!! :thumbs:

Bloodwych
26th July 2008, 21:04
Are you trying to run that with 2MB? I think the requirements state fastram. It's a nice pack.

I do have a pack specifically for 2MB A1200's called the ClassicWB LITE, but certain WHDLoad games still struggle even when launched from cli/shell.

Look out for that elusive fastram. :D

Tiago
27th July 2008, 01:26
@Bloodwych,

i follow the instructions and:

when "Boot the ClassicWB and load "Dopus" from the popup menu"

i press "launch" only way i found to get to dopus and
he says "please insert a-programs in any drive" ?:unsure:

What am i doing wrong?

Bloodwych
27th July 2008, 09:46
@Bloodwych,

i follow the instructions and:

when "Boot the ClassicWB and load "Dopus" from the popup menu"

i press "launch" only way i found to get to dopus and
he says "please insert a-programs in any drive" ?:unsure:

What am i doing wrong?

Somethings gone horribly wrong! :(

Dopus can be run from the launch menu, or the right click popup menu, or from the default Workbench menu at the top of the screen.

A-Programs: is an assign that is setup to point to the program folder. It's so you can move it to somewhere else if you want (like another partition), and change one assign to update all the links. If that's not present, then it can't of installed correctly as the "s/userstartup" file isn't being called.

It sounds as if the install procedure has failed? Did you boot the HDF and follow the instructions?

Tiago
27th July 2008, 12:19
Yes i did it by the book, but will try again.

Tiago
27th July 2008, 23:42
Ok, i did it, now it worked Bloodwych.

Looks good mate.
But i could had decompress the zip file using winuae, and i did it in the A1200 witch took an 20 minutes :lol: but that's ok, ir really looks good.

Good job mate !!
I will now try to install whdload

Bloodwych
28th July 2008, 06:04
WHDLoad is already installed.

Also, a built in WHDLoad launcher is present in the Workbench. You just need to open that drawer bottom left (next to the launch icon) - it has scripts to add games automatically (any you've put in the Games drawer).

The ZIP method is not the only way to transfer files, it's only for people who want to send an archive over a serial cable for instance or have it split and copied using floppies therefore avoiding removing their Amiga hard drive.

You don't have to use that method. In the instructions, it lists using WinUAE as method 1. In that case, you didn't have to ZIP anything - just copy the files over directly. All the install disk does is unzip Amiga side, it's not required for installation just one way of copying the files!

In fact, once you've got the HDF running in WinUAE, you can copy the files over how ever you wish! Nothing else is required to activate it.

Tiago
28th July 2008, 11:02
Ok Bloodwych,

very nice work! ;)

Zetr0
28th July 2008, 13:47
@Tiago

Bloodwych is the Daddy!!! :D

Harrison
29th July 2008, 00:13
Definitely. It is a brilliant package for sure.

v85rawdeal
31st July 2008, 19:24

In my best Luke Skywalker voice... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Bloodwych
31st July 2008, 20:21

In my best Luke Skywalker voice... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Well, I did come from the dark side as I went from having an Atari ST! :p

Harrison
31st July 2008, 22:57
Also, a built in WHDLoad launcher is present in the Workbench. You just need to open that drawer bottom left (next to the launch icon) - it has scripts to add games automatically (any you've put in the Games drawer).

That script doesn't seem to do anything when I've tried to run it. :unsure:

Harrison
31st July 2008, 22:59
Well, I did come from the dark side as I went from having an Atari ST! :p

Me too. I was the proud owner of an Atari 520 STFM from 1987 until 1991.

But soon after buying one I immediately wished I could have afforded an Amiga due to the screenshots on the back of every ST game being from the Amiga versions of the same games and they always looked better!

Bloodwych
1st August 2008, 00:43
That script doesn't seem to do anything when I've tried to run it. :unsure:

I can assure you it works fine! All you need to do is unpack some WHDLoad games into the games directory, then run the script.

On a default install, it finds Bloodwych, which I've already included. :D

If you've unpacked your games elsewhere (eg not SYS:Games), you have to tell ClassicWB where to look as described on the webpage instructions. Open up the "s/user-startup" file (can be done under settings->startup->user) and change the A-Games: assign to where you're unpacking your games (eg DH1:Games)

Everything will then get updated on next reboot - the menus, the scripts etc, as they all use the A-Games: assign which you can set as outlined above.

Harrison
1st August 2008, 07:34
OK. I will double check that. Thanks.

Bloodwych
4th August 2008, 17:00
Did you get the script working?

Harrison
4th August 2008, 17:06
I've not had time to try it out yet (been doing wedding planning things all weekend). Will give it a test later tonight.

Bloodwych
4th August 2008, 17:09
I've not had time to try it out yet (been doing wedding planning things all weekend). Will give it a test later tonight.

Oh, you'll be very busy then. Perhaps get the wedding photographer to do a few snaps on the side! :lol: