PDA

View Full Version : ctrl+A+A reset problem in A1200

Tiago
24th July 2008, 23:17
I got a new A600 and A1200 and a A1200 tower case for a future project.
the case has adpaters for AT PSU and PC keyboard
All this for 100 euros and no ports he lived close to me.

The A600 works super

The A1200 works all ok video/sound/floppy, but when i reset by Ctrl+A+A the lights start to flash(floppy and power) with a black screen and nothing more happends, i need to power off the psu to keep going. What is the problem????

Zetr0
25th July 2008, 00:34
@Tiago

have you tried this with another power supply?

Tiago
25th July 2008, 08:28
I wrote in the topic that i also bought a 1200 case, i forgot to said that it was a tower case, very nice one.

Zetr0: i only have 1 psu, but works fine in my first A1200 and A600, only happends in my 2nd A1200... :blink:

Could it be the floppy that doesn't boot after a reset ? But works after psu turn off/on

Harrison
25th July 2008, 10:25
Does the A1200 have an HD in it? Sometimes if the spin up time of the HD isn't fast enough the A1200 can get stuck on a black screen after a reset instead of either going to the purple insert floppy screen or starting to boot from the HD. If not then I'm not sure. If it can't boot from floppy the Amiga should just go to the insert floppy screen.

Tiago
25th July 2008, 10:54
This A1200:

- Didnt open it yet, get it last night and i only test it for 5 minutos
- the seller didn't talk about having a HD, and when i turn it on, there is no hd sound, or hd light, but i will open it today.
- when i turno on psu the purple screen will appear in +/- 5 seconds, after it any ctrl+a+a that i do, no matter what software i am running or if there is or not floppy activity he will put a black screen and the HD light and floppy light will turn on and off one after another in loop.
- but if i dont do a reset the A1200 works fine, image/sound/floppy everything works fine.