PDA

View Full Version : amithlon

JLPedro
23rd July 2008, 13:04
Someone can tell me where to get Amithon for download (full release with 3.10 kernel)?
The official site doesn't help much. Thanks.
And by the way, is there anyone willing to share on the emule network the full Amiga gamebase 1.6 (6.92gb i believe) that would be great.

Buleste
23rd July 2008, 13:58
Is this (http://www.hd-zone.com/amithlon/) page any use for the kernals?

Harrison
23rd July 2008, 14:26
Be warned that Amithlon won't work on most current hardware. It was developed some years ago now and hasn't been in development for a long time.

These days you are better off looking at some of the newer alternatives in development such as X-Amiga, or some of the predefined setups like AmiKit, ClassicWB or AmigaSYS.

JLPedro
23rd July 2008, 20:03
from what i've read it works on nvidia nforce4 motherboards with athlonx2 (exactly what i've got, the main concern is the pci express gfx (8600gt) but i would like to trie it.

Harrison
23rd July 2008, 22:02
Let us know if you get it to work, and what your PC setup is. I've heard many reports of current PCs refusing to run it due to it only having support for quite old hardware and components.

I've not tried running it for a few years now so don't know how well it would run on a current system.