PDA

View Full Version : PsxMC ripper

Demon Cleaner
23rd January 2007, 08:20
Anyone interested in extracting screenshots, music or movies from PSX games? Here's your tool:

Harrison
23rd January 2007, 12:49
Very nice. Thanks :)

I may try this out later to extract some music.

Demon Cleaner
23rd January 2007, 13:10
I just tried it on Syphon Filter, which I had at work (?), and it worked fine. It just extracts what you want and saves bmp, wav, avi files to your folders. Pretty cool.

Harrison
23rd January 2007, 13:19
Sounds good.

Teho
23rd January 2007, 17:36
I used to use PSXMC a lot a few years ago, to extract soundtracks and capture some of the cooler FMVs from some games. (and to watch the endings of some games I never completed, I admit.) But that was a much older version, and I remember it was quite a few games I had it couldn't find anything on. I think I'll be trying it out again with this version of the tool. :)

Harrison
23rd March 2007, 13:35
Do you know of any similar rippers for PS2 and Xbox games?

Demon Cleaner
23rd March 2007, 14:38
I have no idea :no:

Harrison
23rd March 2007, 14:58
I will have to have a look around on some of the scene forums I use. I definitely want once for PS2. Imagine being able to rip the audio out of some of the best RPGs for example. :)

Demon Cleaner
23rd March 2007, 16:25
Imagine being able to rip the audio out of some of the best RPGs for example.Yeah *shudder* and some FMV.

Teho
23rd March 2007, 17:47
It really depends on the filesystem on the disc. FMVs in PS2 games are often regular DVD tracks. Meaning there's a separate video and audio stream on there that needs to be combined before viewing. I guess it could be possible to rip these, but I never found a good method anywhere. Some people claimed to be able to do it, but there was never a simple method.

On audio-ripping on the other hand, I managed to rip the audio from Gauntlet Seven Sorrows recently myself. It doesn't use a standard PS2 filesystem, but rather Dreamcast format files. Not sure why, or how the game works like that. But anyway, a standard audio-conversion tool meant for Dreamcast audio files did the job there.

My point is, you can probably be successful ripping something by browsing the gamedisc, identifying the audio or video-files, find out what filetypes they are and then search for some conversion tool on the net. Worked for me with that Gauntlet audio anyway.

Harrison
23rd March 2007, 19:47
That is interesting. Maybe the developers continued using some of the dev tools right back from when they did work on DC games. Gauntlet Legends was on the DC too.

Toasty667
3rd May 2007, 16:00
Thanks will have to try it out on Resident Evil 2 :)