PDA

View Full Version : GameBase Amiga 1.6

Demon Cleaner
17th July 2008, 11:31
GameBase Amiga 1.6 has been released. There's a "full" torrent available at UG, and it's about 6.92GB.

Teho
17th July 2008, 12:45
Allready joined it. :) I've been using an old tosec set for too long now, high time I switched to this gamebase thing.

Demon Cleaner
17th July 2008, 13:48
The TOSEC set is indeed very dated now, I will also have to d/l the newest version of GameBase.

Harrison
17th July 2008, 15:45
What version of the TOSEC set are you both using? The last one was dated 14/03/2007 and is available from Pleasuredome.

More work definitely seems to be taking place with Gamebase at the moment, but it still has a lot less games over all compared to the TOSEC set.

Demon Cleaner
17th July 2008, 16:02
:hmmm:, mine is older I think. Will have to get the latest from PD then.

Teho
17th July 2008, 16:29
Mine says v0.29, no idea how old that is. But anyway, I wasn't going to replace it, not at least before I see how it compares with gamebase. It's just been so much talk about it here lately, and since I don't really need to worry about my ratio at UG in a while I thought I at least should have a look at it. ;)

Demon Cleaner
17th July 2008, 17:05
The v0.29 is very old. In the beginning they named the TOSEC after versions, and v0.29 was the last one. After that they began to add a date to the TOSEC.

JLPedro
17th July 2008, 20:58
Could someone PM'me the torrent file for download? Please...

AlexJ
17th July 2008, 21:48

It's a private tracker, so each .torrent file is unique and doesn't work without being logged in.

Harrison
17th July 2008, 22:56

Just go to www.pleasuredome.org.uk and join.

JLPedro
23rd July 2008, 13:03
Can't join, they aren't acepting any new members for now, so i'm stuck and wishing to someone to put it on the p2p emule network.

Demon Cleaner
24th July 2008, 06:02
Can't you join with an invite, or don't you have one yet? If not, I could send you one, only need to know your id.

JLPedro
24th July 2008, 12:47
By UG you all mean "Underground Gamer" right? And no i don't have an invitation... :(.
My id is JLPedro, always, if you are willing to invite me i would be trield! Cause i Realy like to use Gamebase (lots of cover scans and ingame pics, info on games, etc...), if you do so, tell me how i can return the favor please! Thanks.

Harrison
24th July 2008, 14:17
For UG one of us will need your email to send you an invite. Just PM it to DC or myself and one of us will send you an invite to join.

As for returning the favour, we are always in need of more volunteers to do screenshots for classicamiga, so if you like you could do that.

Demon Cleaner
24th July 2008, 15:43
For UG one of us will need your email to send you an invite. Just PM it to DC or myself and one of us will send you an invite to join.

As for returning the favour, we are always in need of more volunteers to do screenshots for classicamiga, so if you like you could do that.Harrison's right, send a PM and we'll return you an invite.

As for the screenshots, good move Harrison :thumbs:

JLPedro
24th July 2008, 17:17
Do screenshots? Do you mean from Winuae, screenshots of ingame and so on? Would give it a trie, but be warned i have a 2 year son and work shifts, so my contribution will be in very slow motion, LOL. :hmmm:

merlin20674
18th August 2008, 21:13
I take it game base 1.6 is a collection of games..... tried joining pleasure dome but they don't accept hotmail as a vaild e-mail address so i'm also stuck, willing to earn an invite though, might be able to take screenshots lol hate pimping myself like this

Danny

my_lo
19th August 2008, 06:50
As for returning the favour, we are always in need of more volunteers to do screenshots for classicamiga, so if you like you could do that.

I'd like to do something to contribute as well, could you tell me what kind of screenshots you need, where to upload them... I'd be very happy to participate :thumbs:

Demon Cleaner
19th August 2008, 07:04
Here's a small introduction on how to proceed:

http://forum.classicamiga.com/showthread.php?t=1684

For any other info you can look at the games section on the main site. We make screenshots from the title screen, then some of the intro and the game itself, and they're all made (mine at least) in WinUAE, so they all have the same size.

my_lo
19th August 2008, 07:26
I can't access the link:

my_lo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Demon Cleaner
19th August 2008, 08:10
Oh yeah, sorry, you need to be VIP or staff member to access that page.

We really need to press ahead with creating screenshots for the site to try and get as many completed as we can. I think having a load of decent screenshots on the site for each game is a very important thing as visitors are attracted more if they are in place.

When making screenshots, run WinUAE in 640x512 or something around that size so the screenshots are a decent size. Make sure WinUAE is saving them in PNG format as this will create good quality images that will not be too large in filesize. Also a good tip is to rename your game ADFs to something that makes sense as the image files will take the ADFs name and this will save you having to rename then later. For naming don't use spaces, instead use underscores _ if needed. Just give the files the name of the game followed by _001 etc...

Once screenshots are completed, if you have direct editing access to the main site (staff or moderators) then please add the screenshots into the pages. Or if you are VIP level please upload them to the uploads FTP and then post in this thread to let us know they are ready to be added to the site.

Post the letter you are working on, so that others don't start making screenshots for the same games. I will then update the list below to show which letters are currently actively being worked on.

my_lo
19th August 2008, 09:32
Once screenshots are completed, if you have direct editing access to the main site (staff or moderators) then please add the screenshots into the pages. Or if you are VIP level please upload them to the uploads FTP and then post in this thread to let us know they are ready to be added to the site.

If you are not staff/moderator/VIP, you can't upload them neither can you access the thread with the list to tell the others the letter you are currently working on, right?
So how do we know which screenshots to make and how do we do to upload them? :hmmm:

Demon Cleaner
19th August 2008, 10:31
So how do we know which screenshots to make and how do we do to upload them?Look at the main site which games haven't screenshots yet, then if you made some, post it, and Harrison will surely tell you where to upload them, or even give you another member level.

Read here for full information:
http://www.classicamiga.com/content/view/4331/64/

Puni/Void
19th August 2008, 11:50
Glad to see you wanting to help out, My_lo. We need all the assistance we can get! :thumbs:

Harrison
19th August 2008, 12:51
Yep, just look through the site and find some games that don't currently have any screenshots. And once you have created them PM me and I will give you details on how to upload the files.

Make sure screenshots are in 8-bit PNG format as this retains all of the original colours from the game and keeps the filesizes small.

my_lo
19th August 2008, 13:09
Okidoki, thanks for the details ^_-

phibel
18th March 2010, 10:22
Hello everyone,

I know, it's an old thread, but if somebody of you is still active here, couldn't someone please send me an invention to UG? This would be so kind, because I'm trying for ages to get the full GameBase 1.6 downloaded and UG seems to be the only possible source. Many thanks in advance!

Harrison
18th March 2010, 11:28
Sure. I can send you an invite. PM me your email address.