PDA

View Full Version : Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Demon Cleaner
9th July 2008, 08:33
Is anyone else here so excited to get his hands on that game? What I've seen so far looks gorgeous! They have some developer walkthrough videos of the first level on YouTube. Release approx. midst year, which should be...now :hmmm:

It seems that they even plan to release it on the PS2?

I immensely enjoyed the prequel on the XBox, the PS2 version was almost unplayable due to heavy slowdowns. I almost finished the game, a thing I never did before. It's basically GTA for maniacs. You can destroy everything (noticed? I didn't mention "almost" here).

http://mercs2.com/

Harrison
9th July 2008, 10:13
I never played the original Mercenaries because it received really bad reviews and was heavily slated by the press. The trailers for this second one do look good though.

Demon Cleaner
9th July 2008, 14:22
It got an overall review of 86 at Metacritic (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbx/mercenaries?q=mercenaries). It was the game I enjoyed most on the XBox, give it a try, it's surely available for cheap somewhere. Or just d/l the PS2 version to test it first. But I think you'll miss something if you're not going to try it out.

Demon Cleaner
28th October 2008, 05:56
Since I haven't posted anything here anymore and I already own the game for 2 month, I have to admit that again I like it. May not be the same for everyone, but annihilating buildings and other stuff is so much fun.

Btw, patch 1.02 is out.

Loftus
28th October 2008, 13:24
Funnily enough i just got the first one on xbox today for £1.99!!

seems like great fun so far!!

Harrison
28th October 2008, 16:09
I'm going to grab a copy of the original and give that a play. If I like it I will then grab the sequel. :)

Loftus
28th October 2008, 17:02
I'm going to grab a copy of the original and give that a play. If I like it I will then grab the sequel. :)

After a good few hours of play today I would def recommend it! Got mine on ebay, 99p starting price & £1 p+p. I was expecting to pay more but sometimes you get lucky!!:lol:

Harrison
28th October 2008, 22:06
Original Xbox software has really dropped in price these days. Since M$ completely dropped support for it when the 360 was launched most of the fanboys also instantly dropped the system and moved on to the 360 (so much for their loyalty to a platform). The actual Xbox consoles can be found for around £10 these days too. A great purchase for a hacking project to turn one into a media centre.